• Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Discuss the Episode - Fragged here.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

I love this episode because you realize how important Adama is to the success of the human race surviving. Tigh sure as hell doesn't want command and doesn't want the pressures of dealing with the press, the President or anything. I think if anything this episode should confirm that Adama is not a cylon, after all they open him up and perform surgery on him. I think even the worst doctor in the universe would say, "Hey, what's up with all that metal?" It was a great episode. Loved it!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#3 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

While I'm sure the Old Man is no toaster, you do realize that the humanoid models are indistinguishable from humans right down to their guts and organs right?

#4 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Jan 7 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I'm sure the Old Man is no toaster, you do realize that the humanoid models are indistinguishable from humans right down to their guts and organs right?

That doesn't make sense! Why was number six's back glowing then when she was fraking Baltar in the pilot episode. I don't know about you but when I am having sex my spine nor my girlfriends spine glows in the dark! I know they are similar to the Terminator, living organism on the outside but metal on the inside.
That is the impression that I have been given. It is not like they can do live autopsies to see who is a cylon and who is human. But I disagree that they are entirely human. They wouldn't be able to download and their spines wouldn't glow. Sorry, but this time I am in the right and you're wrong! Nice for a change!

Talk to you later!

buttrock.gif
Posted Image

Second to None!

#5 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Heres an arguement im going to enjoy following, laugh.gif

#6 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

That doesn't make sense! Why was number six's back glowing then when she was fraking Baltar in the pilot episode. I don't know about you but when I am having sex my spin nor my girlfriends spin glows in the dark! I know they are similar to the Terminator, living organism on the outside but metal on the inside.
That is the impression that I have been given. It is not like they can do live autopsies to see who is a cylon and who is human. But I disagree that they are entirely human. They wouldn't be able to download and their spins wouldn't glow. Sorry, but this time I am in the right and you're wrong! Nice for a change!

They've had Leoben's corpse for awhile, and they said in the miniseries he had guts and everything. Also, in "Sacrifice", you can clearly see the autopsy scars on Bommer's body.

#7 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Jan 10 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They've had Leoben's corpse for awhile, and they said in the miniseries he had guts and everything. Also, in "Sacrifice", you can clearly see the autopsy scars on Bommer's body.

Yes, I recall Boomer's body being examined and her corpse was used in the episode when bar was hijacked by the terrorist group on Cloud 9. But you still haven't explained to me why her spine was glowing in the dark in the pilot episode if it is just bone! I know I am not as current with what you kids are doing now and days but I haven't heard of anyone making their spines glow in the dark. Maybe I am just too old fashion. I just prefer my women to have non-glow-in-the-dark spines and just leave the kinky stuff to me. LOL. But seriously! Why is her spine glowing! How do they download? I wish Ron Moore would give more details sometimes. It would help in situations like this! Let's follow some logic here. They download and upload like a computer so therefore they need some sort of computer processor to make that happen plus a really cool modem! So lets say that some of their tech is on the microscopic level - like nanotechnology! So we can look at things like the Bionic Woman for example with her little computer blood running through her veins making her able to heal quickly. So I am willing to accept that they have something similar that would be undetectable unless you knew what you were looking for. Furthermore, that they have living tissue much like the Terminator. Guts, organs, muscle, and skin. I'm totally with you on this! But....BUT!!!!! There must be other elements that are inorganic and therefore computer based in order for them to download/upload, to be affected by the gas cloud at Ragnar, and to make their spines glow in the dark during sex! So either Moore completely screwed up, and therefore we have many inconsistencies within the dynamics of the Cylons and the plot! Or, Moore has not bothered to go into enough detail to explain these anomalies!

That's what I hate sometimes about shows is inconsistencies! I know that Baltar said that it is difficult to identify a cylon but you can identify one with blood samples. But after dissecting a Cylon there should have been obvious differences! But again, if there are all these inconsistencies in the script then it makes this argument irrelevant! Because then that means we are both right and both wrong.

So if there is anyone else who can marry both of our arguments together and explain it, I am more than willing to hear anyones opinion on the matter.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#8 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

They have no machine parts in the traditional sense, no processors, modems, or nanites. But they are still machines, they're basic building blocks are different. They are, in essence, silicon based life forms. This opens the door to all kinds of odd possibilities.

I do admit it's a little far-fetched, but, hey, it's sci-fi.

#9 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Im with Archer on this one, the glowing spine was in my humble opinion, just an early idea that was used to let know what she was, after all, it only happend at the start of the mini series, i know we had seen her on the armisitice station but hey who cares, some people need pointers like that. At the time i thought it was abit hammy so im glad they didnt carry on with it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.