Discuss the Episode - 33 here.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:23 PM

Believe it or not, I missed most of this episode. I was about to watch it when 12 Marines and sailors came banging on my door with a keg. I really need to move further from the base. happy.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (ColonialMarine @ Apr 10 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Believe it or not, I missed most of this episode. I was about to watch it when 12 Marines and sailors came banging on my door with a keg. I really need to move further from the base. happy.gif

You really need to watch this episode. This one started the series and was one of the better episode by far. Lee even refered to this episode in Season 3 when he stated that he had to pull the trigger on 1300 lives.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:20 PM

This was a fantastic episode. It exemplifies everything good BSG. It really hooked me in.

#5 User is offline   JohnBart_HUN Icon

• Callsign Flashpoint

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Apr 12 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was a fantastic episode. It exemplifies everything good BSG. It really hooked me in.

Agreed. A very strong and fantastic continuation of the miniseries!

---
Signature banner by p0is0n0us
---
Wingman of Blue Squadron

#6 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

Great continuation, really felt for the crew in that one.

#7 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket
  • Interests:All thinks sfi, rugby union,military history,good films

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:53 AM

I agree very well actedand very enjoyable to see

sig by p0is0n0us

#8 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

great episode, one of my faves.

#9 User is offline   DecepticonSpike Icon

• Callsign Vamp

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

I loved how they showed the Cylon were relentless in finding the Fleet.
"President Willard Deacon" Defender Chiron

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:53 PM

"33" is always on my top five list; not just of favorite BSG episodes, but of favorite one-hour episodes of ANY series. Period. I loved how it just jumped in the middle of an ongoing crisis without a lot of boring, how-it-started backward exposition (kind of like Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, or as call it, the real episode 1...it just dropped you right in the middle of a civil war! "33" put the viewer on the cusp of the 250th-odd jump, forcing the viewer to follow quickly). And it moves relentlessly forward. And the climax of the tale highlights the moral ambiguity that would be the series' trademark. Sometimes good people have to do bad things to survive. And the consequences of that episode lingered, and is referenced often throughout the show. And even the "B" plot of Helo on Cylon-occupied Caprica kicked butt; chased through an irradiated rainstorm by massive Cylon Centurions! No ridiculous, "My cat Spot is expecting kittens" nonsense, but a "B" plot every bit as engaging as the "A". Now, I loved the miniseries, but this one really showed the true potential of the series. cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Anyways, I thought 33 had so much drama to it that it brought about the foundation for the entire series. This really set the pace for BSG in my opinion. It threw our rag tag fleet into great perils by desperately trying to find a jump point that the Cylons were not going to find. The crew were so strung out on drugs, adrenaline and exhaustion that you watched wondering how the frak are they going to survive this. The Cylons are machines and can go forever without replenishing their supplies, whereas the Galactica was limited in supplies and pilots.

Just when you think all hope is lost. They finally do it in that last jump. Making it an area where they could finally have a rest without looking over their shoulders and wondering if they would have to launch all vipers again and jump the entire fleet. You realize how pressing their situation is and how vulnerable the fleet is to attack and how important it is to be able to fend these Cylons off. Otherwise, if the Cylons are absolutely relentless, they can keep pressing their attack and destroy the rest of the humans. The fact that the human race survived was nothing short of a miracle.

This episode truly laid down the foundation for the dramatic tension that would unfold in the episodes that followed. Always reminding us that the human race is far too frail a thing to stand up against such overwhelming odds. As well as the fact that if their luck had run out that would be the end of the human race. It was a great episode.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#12 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Very true Captain Taurus... When I think back about BSG shows (not owning the DVDs to any season yet) 33 is one of the few that instantly come to my mind - very memorable.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Cylon-Knight @ Apr 11 2009, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very true Captain Taurus... When I think back about BSG shows (not owning the DVDs to any season yet) 33 is one of the few that instantly come to my mind - very memorable.

That is what made it great because it is memorable. There over 60 episodes in total and there are many memorable ones but when you can think back to the beginning and remember one of the very first because it was so strong, that is saying a lot about the quality of that story. It was a great story.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Captain Taurus @ Apr 11 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is what made it great because it is memorable. There over 60 episodes in total and there are many memorable ones but when you can think back to the beginning and remember one of the very first because it was so strong, that is saying a lot about the quality of that story. It was a great story.

I second that emotion! tongue.gif

Ron Moore often refers to '33' as the second pilot. It was my wife's and most of my less-adventurous friends' intro to BSG (only a few brave friends of mine saw the mini, by borrowing my off-the-air tape of it). But '33' is the one that hooked EVERYBODY in my little geek circle. cylonclap.gif

I saw it while aboard a plane recently (gods bless the i-pod!) and the scenes depicting Colonial One (essentially a stranded luxury jet) and the Olympic Carrier really resonated (esp on a long, dull flight, where your fate is in others' hopefully capable hands); and the fact that the ending dealt with the Colonials having to shoot down their own set the tone for all of the hard choices that followed, as Capt. T noted above in another post.

Still one of my favorites, too (much more intense than the mini, as well)!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Guest_Igorokk_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

Ah great to see some TG fans here too
I cant say that this season was one of TGs best, but it was ok. Still there where some really good episodes.... first episode of this season got me worried thought

#16 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Igorokk @ Jun 12 2009, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah great to see some TG fans here too
I cant say that this season was one of TGs best, but it was ok. Still there where some really good episodes.... first episode of this season got me worried thought

Glad you liked season of BSG. It was a great way to get the season off on the right foot. I think it was the reason why it had 4.5 seasons instead of just one. Grateful that they allowed it to stay on TV.

Look forward to seeing more posts from you.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#17 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

This episode will always be one of my faves, but one thing has always bothered me, The Olympic Carrier, if there was a tracker on it and when it didnt show up, they wouldnt have recieved new jump co ordinates from Galactica like the rest of the fleet. So they didnt really have to destroy it, the cap couldve landed and the fleet jumps away, then Apollo and Starbuck wouldnt have to suffer the guilt. I know im being picky but i think the same everytime i see it although i know it adds to the angst and drama for Apollo's character development. Well thats my bitch over with LOL

#18 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

I don't think they had time to spin up the FTL before the Olympic Carrier got in range to use its nukes.

#19 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 08 August 2009 - 11:03 AM, said:

I don't think they had time to spin up the FTL before the Olympic Carrier got in range to use its nukes.

Too true. The Olympic Carrier was rushing towards the fleet; no time to board her. That would've only added the two pilots as casualties to the Olympic Carrier tragedy. :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   Sammie Icon

• Petty Officer 1st Class

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

Why was it 33 minutes? It seams that it only takes a few minutes to spin up the FTL. Why did the Cylons pick 33 minutes? Is that the time it takes a signal to reach the Cylons from the lenght of a jump? How long is the lenght of a jump?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.