GalacticaBBS: War of the Gods Parts 1-2 - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

War of the Gods Parts 1-2 Rate and Discussion Thread

Poll: Rate - War of the Gods Parts 1 and 2 (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate - War of the Gods Part 1

1. 5 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 4 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 2 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

Rate - War of the Gods Part 2

1. 5 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

2. 4 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 2 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1 Cubits (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

Discuss War of the Gods Parts 1 and 2 here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   viper73 Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

What was Appollo and Starbuck supposed tyo have seen on the crashed ship?? I never `understood??? :nav:

#3 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:06 AM

View Postviper73, on 03 March 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

What was Appollo and Starbuck supposed tyo have seen on the crashed ship?? I never `understood??? :nav:

What was left of the crew of the ship. Couldn't have been a pretty sight after that ship had crashed.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

ok cool Thanks Zipper. Ive heard a lot of things before it was a cloven hoofed foot it was Cain all kinds of stuff :nav:

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postviper73, on 03 March 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

ok cool Thanks Zipper. Ive heard a lot of things before it was a cloven hoofed foot it was Cain all kinds of stuff :nav:

Actually (not to contradict Zipper; I'm already on airlock warning for my Top Gun remarks... :P ), but Glen Larson said on the dvd set that it was supposed to be a cloven hoof. Personally? I like the dead Pegasus crew member theory better. The cloven hoof brings up more questions than it answers. When I was a kid? I just assumed it was a crewman in Pegasus uniform, implying that Cain also met Ibis but took the bait that Adama refused...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

Yes i guess we never know for sure but maybe this a question we could pose to Dirk or Richard if anyone talks to them theyd know somethin dofor sure

#7 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 03 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Actually (not to contradict Zipper; I'm already on airlock warning for my Top Gun remarks... :P ), but Glen Larson said on the dvd set that it was supposed to be a cloven hoof. Personally? I like the dead Pegasus crew member theory better. The cloven hoof brings up more questions than it answers. When I was a kid? I just assumed it was a crewman in Pegasus uniform, implying that Cain also met Ibis but took the bait that Adama refused...

Well whatever it was it was supposed to be someting that Starbuck and Apollo didn't want Sheba to see.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

View Postviper73, on 04 March 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Yes i guess we never know for sure but maybe this a question we could pose to Dirk or Richard if anyone talks to them theyd know somethin dofor sure

I have met them (I've met and talked to Richard Hatch a few times), and I keep forgetting... :doh:
To be honest? They'd probably be the last to know. Usually an insert shot (such as the closeup of a watch, hands on a joystick, or the face of a dead body, etc) are added in after the actors are done; usually in post-production. It's funny listening to the commentary track on "Saga of a Star World" and NONE of the main actors knew whose hands were shot for any of the joystick closeups (probably a hand model). My guess is there was nothing on set, but Larson (or whomever directed) was going to add the cloven hoof closeup later.

To me, a dead decomposed Pegasus crewman fits best though... point Zipper! ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Yes to me too tyoud think they could have just showed the Pegasus patch and wed have known :nav:

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

View Postviper73, on 08 March 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Yes to me too tyoud think they could have just showed the Pegasus patch and wed have known :nav:

That would've been great. You wouldn't need to show a badly decomposed body (especially on what was a 'family' show at the time). Just a shoulder or something with a Pegasus insignia on it. Perfect... :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Pam Icon

• Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Interests:Writing, reading, good sci-fi (like BSG!), fantasy, classic literature, classical music, jazz, blues, old school R&B, crocheting, cooking, art, good time but quiet fun.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

In the novelization the object found in the wreckage is clearly described as having cloven hooves, horned head, something that looked like part human, part animal. This is certainly the Western image of Satan. I remember discussing this episode with my sister (who's really into scripture) and we concluded Ibilis was the personification of the devil. Of course, what Apollo and Starbuck saw could totally different from what the novel described. Cain? Maybe one of his crew, and Ibilis made it appear as if some otherworldly creature died in that crash. If the show had gone a second, maybe a third, season, this would've been worth delving into.

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostPam, on 09 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

In the novelization the object found in the wreckage is clearly described as having cloven hooves, horned head, something that looked like part human, part animal. This is certainly the Western image of Satan. I remember discussing this episode with my sister (who's really into scripture) and we concluded Ibilis was the personification of the devil. Of course, what Apollo and Starbuck saw could totally different from what the novel described. Cain? Maybe one of his crew, and Ibilis made it appear as if some otherworldly creature died in that crash. If the show had gone a second, maybe a third, season, this would've been worth delving into.

Yeah I always thought Ibilis representend the devil. I am confused with the idea of a cloven hooved body being found but yet Ibilis was in front of them and killed Apollo when he wouldn't stand down. You're so right Pam that if the show would have continued that this could have been explored so much more.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostPam, on 09 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

And that's in line with what Larson said.

But what I don't understand is that if Iblis (the Muslim word for "Satan") IS the devil, and he is fallen from the 'ship of lights' aliens (angels, if you will), then why is there a dead devil-being in the wreckage of the crashed ship? That just makes no sense to me. Is there some kind of legend somewhere where the devil kills a race of creatures that look like himself?

I think that scenario raises too many head-scratching questions that don't fit (unless someone here has an explanation).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

I am trying out something that I have been thinking about for sometime now. I have added a Rating poll to this discussion thread so you can vote on each episode. Since this is a two parter I added ratings for both part 1 and part 2. I figured I use Cubits to keep it BSG of course. 5 Cubits being the best while 1 Cubits being the worst. There is still so much to do but it's a start. What are you're thoughts should I split of the ratings for the multiparters?
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

Rate and discuss...
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.