Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

John Colicos died 9 years ago today. I added a short simple tribute to his bio page and to the calendar for today.

He is missed.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Yes, he was hammy, over-the-top, but he was also VERY memorable. He played wicked and nervous so well ("S-s-surely y-you don't mean me??" "Cain of course....CAIN!!! He wants....he wants ME!!!"). To paraphrase the Imperious Leader, "We thank you for your help (and wild talent), John Colicos. (Sad to say) Your time is at an end." Hope he's hamming it up in eternity. cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   DecepticonSpike Icon

• Callsign Vamp

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

He also one of the first Klingons on Star Trek.
"President Willard Deacon" Defender Chiron

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Colicos is the best Baltar ever.
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Aphrodite @ Mar 6 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Colicos is the best Baltar ever.

I will agree that the role, as written then, suited him to a tee. And he excelled in it. cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (obsolete toaster @ Mar 6 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, he was hammy, over-the-top, but he was also VERY memorable. He played wicked and nervous so well ("S-s-surely y-you don't mean me??" "Cain of course....CAIN!!! He wants....he wants ME!!!"). To paraphrase the Imperious Leader, "We thank you for your help (and wild talent), John Colicos. (Sad to say) Your time is at an end." Hope he's hamming it up in eternity. cylonclap.gif

What you call ham, I call memorable! Upstaging is the other word that comes to mind. I am sure he is having a good chuckle. They kill him in the movie and bring him back for the TV series.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Captain Taurus @ Mar 22 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you call ham, I call memorable! Upstaging is the other word that comes to mind. I am sure he is having a good chuckle. They kill him in the movie and bring him back for the TV series.

He was killed in the movie, but in the United States 3 hr broadcast version, he was spared at the last second by Imperious Leader who said, "No wait. Remove him for public execution." Then it was followed through by an epilogue sequence (also not in the theatrical version) aboard another Cylon base star (since the first was destroyed) that shows Baltar pleading his case (successfully) before a new Imperious Leader. It also briefly shows Lucifer for the first time (who looked a bit spooky at first, IMO). And yes, while Colicos is a bit hammy, nothing goes better with cheese! Ha ha. biggrin.gif A big, fat "By Your Command" to you, JC. Wherever you are!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (obsolete toaster @ Mar 22 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was killed in the movie, but in the United States 3 hr broadcast version, he was spared at the last second by Imperious Leader who said, "No wait. Remove him for public execution." Then it was followed through by an epilogue sequence (also not in the theatrical version) aboard another Cylon base star (since the first was destroyed) that shows Baltar pleading his case (successfully) before a new Imperious Leader. It also briefly shows Lucifer for the first time (who looked a bit spooky at first, IMO). And yes, while Colicos is a bit hammy, nothing goes better with cheese! Ha ha. biggrin.gif A big, fat "By Your Command" to you, JC. Wherever you are!

Yes...I remember that. Apparently, Mr. Larson was unsure to keep him or not. So with some creative cutting he had two options. One, leave him dead or two, bring him back. Obviously people were screaming for him because he was such a great bad guy. So in the extended broadcast version which spans 3 episodes. He is spared. I know because I have seen it 20 times at least. You are funny with the puns lately. Ham and cheese. Too much.

Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.