GalacticaBBS: Premiere numbers? - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Premiere numbers? How many?

Poll: B&C Premiere Numbers (6 member(s) have cast votes)

The B&C Premiere Numbers will be:

1. More than Classic BSG (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. More than G1980 (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. More than nuBSG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. More than Caprica (5 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

5. A joke compared to the MIGHT that is Star Trek V - this option doesn't really belong here, but that's just too darn bad isn't it? (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

SO, there is not enough "BUZZ" about Blood and Chrome these days.... hummm....
***Cylon-Knight sets train on the tracks, full steam for derail!***

How do my fellow GBBSers think the show will open up Vs. other BSGs?
Who will B&C out do?

(YOU CAN PICK MORE THAN ONE ANSWER!!!!!)

*Note: I have no opening viewer numbers for any shows, so this is poll is pretty much totally lame. You other fanboys and fangirls can get the numbers for me. Thanks! (((hugs)))
:starbuck-pancarte03: <hey, who did that? It couldn't have been the god of Sha-Ka-Ree! We're tight. ;)
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

I'm guessing it'll premiere bigger than Caprica (which was hurt a bit by pre-releasing the pilot on dvd months in advance), but I also think if it goes to series it's numbers will drop faster than a 300 ton nickel-iron meteorite... I'm not going into too many details as to why (don't want to be too negative), that's just my gut feeling which is partly based on Caprica's dismal #s and the fact that NuBSG wasn't exactly a ratings magnet for much of it's run, either; it stayed on through four seasons largely because of it's 'prestige factor' (and it was probably the last time SyFy will ever get a Peabody for ANYTHING).
:cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

I'm thinking it is going to be really cool or an epic fail. I'm just not feeling it like I did the other shows. Time will tell.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

I think there is too much negativity to tell how well it is going to do. I think it will prevail despite the negative comments that are being made about it.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 27 June 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

I think there is too much negativity to tell how well it is going to do. I think it will prevail despite the negative comments that are being made about it.

When they show me something to get excited over? I will be. :D :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

I think it will do better than Caprica because it's actually BSG. My concern is that they are going to spring back hard in a different direction from Caprica and have ALL action and no plot instead of Caprica's all story and NO action.

#7 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

I'm just going to hope for the best.and see what happens....

#8 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

Given the options, I voted for more than Caprica, but I reiterate what OT said about the ratings plummeting after the pilot--and I think this will happen regardless of whether or not it turns out to be any good.

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 29 June 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Given the options, I voted for more than Caprica, but I reiterate what OT said about the ratings plummeting after the pilot--and I think this will happen regardless of whether or not it turns out to be any good.

Agreed.

One has to remember that even though most of us here on these boards LOVED nuBSG, it was never a strong ratings generator (except for the pilot miniseries). It struggled through most of it's four season lifetime. I don't know what possessed the powers-that-be to try again (especially so soon after Caprica's crash-and-burn), but if I had to guess I'd say they're desperate for another 'prestige project' to improve their declining reputation (SyFy network is just a bad joke these days). I agree with P in his post that they will probably be pushing action over substance (as lack-of-action was perceived to be one of Caprica's failings). This worries me a bit, as I am not a fan of action for action's sake. That's meaningless fireworks, IMO. Action only matters when there are valued characters at stake.
Otherwise? It's just a video game. :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

Okay, I really have to take issue with the "just a video game" remark. A good video game will not allow action over substance, either. This is kinda my complaint about a lot of WoW's plot; it's become just about banging Demons over the head with no real character or deeper story. Although there are exceptions to this, like Saurfang's arc in Wrath of the Lich King. If you can watch him confront the Deathbringer and not get choked up, you don't have a soul.

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 29 June 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

Okay, I really have to take issue with the "just a video game" remark. A good video game will not allow action over substance, either. This is kinda my complaint about a lot of WoW's plot; it's become just about banging Demons over the head with no real character or deeper story. Although there are exceptions to this, like Saurfang's arc in Wrath of the Lich King. If you can watch him confront the Deathbringer and not get choked up, you don't have a soul.

No offense intended; I come from the old, old school of video games; such as Berserker, Frogger and Pac-Man (none of which I'd ever accuse of putting character development over action!). I can't do modern video games; I have an 8-bit, Wii-only sort of brain... :cylonnono: :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.