GalacticaBBS: What good deed did you do today? - GalacticaBBS

• 15 Pages +
  • « First

What good deed did you do today? Tell us about your good deeds for the day.

#281 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

On Dec. 26th, on our return flight to California, I helped an older man in the aisle across from me put his (heavy) bag in the overhead compartment and take it down after we landed. As we were boarding, I saw that he was struggling with it (he seemed to have arthritis of some kind in his shoulders) so I gave him a hand. Pay it forward, you know?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#282 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Helped a little old lady cross the street.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#283 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

I've have been building a gaming PC for my brother in law for the last 4 months, buying parts here and there when I had the cash. I gave it to him yesterday, he said it was the best present anyone had ever given him. I was really pleased with the finished product, managed to get it to stream movies through his xbox as well :)

#284 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 03 March 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

I've have been building a gaming PC for my brother in law for the last 4 months, buying parts here and there when I had the cash. I gave it to him yesterday, he said it was the best present anyone had ever given him. I was really pleased with the finished product, managed to get it to stream movies through his xbox as well :)/>

Guess we need to start calling you "Scotty"... ;)

Nice going, P. Very thoughtful of you. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#285 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:29 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 03 March 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

I've have been building a gaming PC for my brother in law for the last 4 months, buying parts here and there when I had the cash. I gave it to him yesterday, he said it was the best present anyone had ever given him. I was really pleased with the finished product, managed to get it to stream movies through his xbox as well :)/>

Woo hoo! That is awesome. You should patent it and mass produce it.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#286 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

* blows a little dust off this topic... *

Posted Image

Today, as I was coming home from the gym (sweaty, tired, achy), I had become a participant in a bit of local neighborhood drama.

A young woman, probably 22 years old at most, had apparently locked her baby niece in the back seat of her car (by accidentally giving her the keys to play with! :doh: ).
I had just pulled into my garage (hadn't even closed the door yet) when she ran up my driveway in a panic (she was parked over by the house next door). She told me she'd locked a baby in the back of her car and didn't know what to do (again; she was panicked).

Now, the interior of her car was black and it was starting to get hot. Luckily, this had just happened, so the infant wasn't in there too long.
She began to seriously freak out when I told her to keep calm, and just call 9-1-1. At first she asked if she should call AAA (her insurance company) instead, but since it was getting hot & the baby girl was crying, I told her to call 9-1-1 (police) instead. She basically just needed someone to stand with her and tell her to keep her focused on doing the right thing.

Well, luckily the police got there in only a few minutes, but then the cop (a fairly young man himself) took out his baton and was going to break the window NEAREST to the baby ( :blink: !!!).
I stopped him (a bit surprised that he didn't figure this out himself) and told him that maybe he should break the window furthest from the baby (in this case, the front passenger side window). Less chance of the little girl getting hit by glass. Well he listened to me (thank goodness!), and the baby was taken out unharmed. The woman took the baby out and held her. She thanked me profusely for helping her, and I told her it was no problem. I assured her that we all make mistakes and that no harm was done to the little girl, and that's all that mattered.

She joked that her brother was going to kill her about the car; I told her that she had plenty of time to think of a good lie. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#287 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted Today, 01:18 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 24 April 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

* blows a little dust off this topic... *

Posted Image

Today, as I was coming home from the gym (sweaty, tired, achy), I had become a participant in a bit of local neighborhood drama.

A young woman, probably 22 years old at most, had apparently locked her baby niece in the back seat of her car (by accidentally giving her the keys to play with! :doh:/> ).
I had just pulled into my garage (hadn't even closed the door yet) when she ran up my driveway in a panic (she was parked over by the house next door). She told me she'd locked a baby in the back of her car and didn't know what to do (again; she was panicked).

Now, the interior of her car was black and it was starting to get hot. Luckily, this had just happened, so the infant wasn't in there too long.
She began to seriously freak out when I told her to keep calm, and just call 9-1-1. At first she asked if she should call AAA (her insurance company) instead, but since it was getting hot & the baby girl was crying, I told her to call 9-1-1 (police) instead. She basically just needed someone to stand with her and tell her to keep her focused on doing the right thing.

Well, luckily the police got there in only a few minutes, but then the cop (a fairly young man himself) took out his baton and was going to break the window NEAREST to the baby ( :blink:/> !!!).
I stopped him (a bit surprised that he didn't figure this out himself) and told him that maybe he should break the window furthest from the baby (in this case, the front passenger side window). Less chance of the little girl getting hit by glass. Well he listened to me (thank goodness!), and the baby was taken out unharmed. The woman took the baby out and held her. She thanked me profusely for helping her, and I told her it was no problem. I assured her that we all make mistakes and that no harm was done to the little girl, and that's all that mattered.

She joked that her brother was going to kill her about the car; I told her that she had plenty of time to think of a good lie. ;)/>

WAY TO GO BUDDY!!! Proud of you! You are a hero. Good! Now the world is a better place to live in!
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.