GalacticaBBS: What good deed did you do today? - GalacticaBBS

• 18 Pages +
  • « First

What good deed did you do today? Tell us about your good deeds for the day.

#341 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

The over grown boy scout returns! I charged to a friends rescue (partial rescue to be completely honest) But still a good deed nonetheless. She is a bartender at my favorite watering hole on the Danforth and she was robbed of $50! The table that she was waiting on got up and left and the owner stuck her with the bill. I thought that was really unfair. I can see him splitting the cost with her but to stick her with the full amount was totally unjustified. So, me being the good hearted soul that I am (at times) I really need to capture my former self but I don't know if that is possible or not. Anyways, I gave her a tip and $20.00 towards her unjustified debt. I wanted to reassure her that I truly appreciate all the kindness that they have shown me over the years. All the girls have been absolutely amazing and very kind towards me. So likewise, I wanted to return the kindness. As I told her for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And for every act of kindness that she shows, she will get one in return. So I sort of made her day by contributing to her unfair conundrum. She was almost in tears but she said thank you and was very grateful for what I did for her. I did ask her for permission first, If I could show her some kindness. Some people don't react too well to kindness, they simply don't know how to deal with it. But she didn't disappoint, she was really overwhelmed at first but then she understood where I was coming from and then she opened up a little bit more and now she is her old smiling self again.

A happy sappy ending....awwwwwwwwwwww....
Posted Image

Second to None!

#342 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 10 March 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

The over grown boy scout returns! I charged to a friends rescue (partial rescue to be completely honest) But still a good deed nonetheless. She is a bartender at my favorite watering hole on the Danforth and she was robbed of $50! The table that she was waiting on got up and left and the owner stuck her with the bill. I thought that was really unfair. I can see him splitting the cost with her but to stick her with the full amount was totally unjustified. So, me being the good hearted soul that I am (at times) I really need to capture my former self but I don't know if that is possible or not. Anyways, I gave her a tip and $20.00 towards her unjustified debt. I wanted to reassure her that I truly appreciate all the kindness that they have shown me over the years. All the girls have been absolutely amazing and very kind towards me. So likewise, I wanted to return the kindness. As I told her for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And for every act of kindness that she shows, she will get one in return. So I sort of made her day by contributing to her unfair conundrum. She was almost in tears but she said thank you and was very grateful for what I did for her. I did ask her for permission first, If I could show her some kindness. Some people don't react too well to kindness, they simply don't know how to deal with it. But she didn't disappoint, she was really overwhelmed at first but then she understood where I was coming from and then she opened up a little bit more and now she is her old smiling self again.

A happy sappy ending....awwwwwwwwwwww....

You got her phone number too, I'm betting... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#343 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 March 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

You got her phone number too, I'm betting... ;)/>

Actually, nooooooo, because we are friends and she's engaged...very happily so. My actions would be highly questionable and immoral if I tried to pick her up knowing full well that she is spoken for. A gentleman's code is that no man shall interfere with love, especially true love. It would just send the realm of right and wrong out of balance and would just be plain unconscionable. I would do whatever I can for a friend; you know that as well as anyone, Toaster, that I have a good heart, my heart is always in the right place even though my actions may not be.

Actually after losing Jade, I realized that maybe my best days are behind me. It is not so much the age thing as it is a reality thing. I know all sorts of people much older and wiser than myself who have had three or four goes at love and keep trying. Whereas myself, I just think with the age, combined with health problems and financial woes that it makes no sense for me to even pursue love any longer. Maybe what I should do is just accept the fact that women don't find a guy like me attractive, even if I had everything working normally, maybe I am just out of place and time. Maybe I just don't belong. Anyways, I have decided to look at female companionship for friendship until such a time someone can prove to me that I am worthy to have someone special in my life again. Otherwise, I think I will take the path of the Hermit and just live alone.

I think good deeds should be based on nobility, not what is in it for me. Ask not what your friends can do for you, but what you can do for your friends. Maybe that is the message I am meant to deliver. I don't know any more. I am so tired I am not sure how to feel or react any more. I hope I can continue do some good on this Earth while I am still here and if God decides that I should have someone then I will, if not, then I will do my best to live my life to its fullest and live for every moment until my time is up.

Capt. T.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#344 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 11 March 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

Actually, nooooooo, because we are friends and she's engaged...very happily so. My actions would be highly questionable and immoral if I tried to pick her up knowing full well that she is spoken for. A gentleman's code is that no man shall interfere with love, especially true love. It would just send the realm of right and wrong out of balance and would just be plain unconscionable. I would do whatever I can for a friend; you know that as well as anyone, Toaster, that I have a good heart, my heart is always in the right place even though my actions may not be.

Actually after losing Jade, I realized that maybe my best days are behind me. It is not so much the age thing as it is a reality thing. I know all sorts of people much older and wiser than myself who have had three or four goes at love and keep trying. Whereas myself, I just think with the age, combined with health problems and financial woes that it makes no sense for me to even pursue love any longer. Maybe what I should do is just accept the fact that women don't find a guy like me attractive, even if I had everything working normally, maybe I am just out of place and time. Maybe I just don't belong. Anyways, I have decided to look at female companionship for friendship until such a time someone can prove to me that I am worthy to have someone special in my life again. Otherwise, I think I will take the path of the Hermit and just live alone.

I think good deeds should be based on nobility, not what is in it for me. Ask not what your friends can do for you, but what you can do for your friends. Maybe that is the message I am meant to deliver. I don't know any more. I am so tired I am not sure how to feel or react any more. I hope I can continue do some good on this Earth while I am still here and if God decides that I should have someone then I will, if not, then I will do my best to live my life to its fullest and live for every moment until my time is up.

Capt. T.

Sorry to hear you're quitting the game of love, my friend.

Just don't take the path of the Hermit to an extreme; keep socializing with friends and you never know... love might find YOU (it was through friends that I met Mrs. T). :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#345 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 11 March 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Sorry to hear you're quitting the game of love, my friend.

Just don't take the path of the Hermit to an extreme; keep socializing with friends and you never know... love might find YOU (it was through friends that I met Mrs. T). :)/>

We will see...it all depends on what happens in the near future.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#346 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 18 March 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

We will see...it all depends on what happens in the near future.

It might happen when you least expect it. Or with someone you don't expect.

My two bits of advice for whatever it's worth?
I'd stop going after younger, model wannabe-types. That's just physical infatuation; falling in lust, not love. You need a nice geek girl. Geek women are the best! :hug:

Or maybe meet people in your church? Just a thought. You might have a deeper connection than some girl you'd pick up in a bar.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#347 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 18 March 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

It might happen when you least expect it. Or with someone you don't expect.

My two bits of advice for whatever it's worth?
I'd stop going after younger, model wannabe-types. That's just physical infatuation; falling in lust, not love. You need a nice geek girl. Geek women are the best! :hug:/>

Or maybe meet people in your church? Just a thought. You might have a deeper connection than some girl you'd pick up in a bar.

Well those are good thoughts. I don't go after model wannabes. I just pursue women that I have a connection with but like I said, I am not pursuing women realistically any longer. I am simply not the same guy that I was 20 years ago. Jade was a fluke, she is young and beautiful and smart and fun but I think our relationship was causing her more stress than happiness. That's what happens when the parents don't approve. Plus I couldn't afford to do things that I wanted to do with her because I was broke most of the time. Church is an interesting thought but I joined to reconnect with God not to reconnect with the dating scene. I have never picked up a girl in a bar. Can you believe that. It has either been at the Gym, on vacation or on Facebook.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#348 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 18 March 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

Well those are good thoughts. I don't go after model wannabes. I just pursue women that I have a connection with but like I said, I am not pursuing women realistically any longer. I am simply not the same guy that I was 20 years ago. Jade was a fluke, she is young and beautiful and smart and fun but I think our relationship was causing her more stress than happiness. That's what happens when the parents don't approve. Plus I couldn't afford to do things that I wanted to do with her because I was broke most of the time. Church is an interesting thought but I joined to reconnect with God not to reconnect with the dating scene. I have never picked up a girl in a bar. Can you believe that. It has either been at the Gym, on vacation or on Facebook.

Well, my in-laws met in church, and they're approaching their 50th anniversary in a couple years. I'm not a religious sort, but it's a place where you meet people with commonalities.

At didn't you tell me you once dated a bartender? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong... :unsure:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#349 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 18 March 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Well, my in-laws met in church, and they're approaching their 50th anniversary in a couple years. I'm not a religious sort, but it's a place where you meet people with commonalities.

At didn't you tell me you once dated a bartender? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong... :unsure:/>/>

This is true. I could meet someone but again that is not my goal. Just want to reconnect with God and help out my community. I was interested in dating a bartender recently but found out someone beat me to the chase. I have had many interests in bartenders but nothing ever came to fruition. Ihave dated many waitresses and strippers. But no bartenders.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#350 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 18 March 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

This is true. I could meet someone but again that is not my goal. Just want to reconnect with God and help out my community. I was interested in dating a bartender recently but found out someone beat me to the chase. I have had many interests in bartenders but nothing ever came to fruition. Ihave dated many waitresses and strippers. But no bartenders.

Maybe I was thinking of a waitress... :unsure: :idea32:

My only issue with asking out people in the service industry (back when I was single, mind you) is that I would have an unfair advantage in that their livelihood depends upon their being nice to me (and others). If you meet them somewhere neutral (say, at a coffee house or bookstore, where you're both customers) then I'd say it's fair game.

I once had a mad crush on a young lady (many moons ago, back when I was a young & single) who worked in one of my favorite bookstores. Used to see her every week, and we seemed to get along well, and so I tried to screw up the courage to ask her out. Once day I did, but she seemed to get a bit nervous and never answered conclusively. I went home and analyzed it in my head over and over (like watching tapes of the shuttle disasters), and I realized how unfair it was of me to do that; to ask her out at her place of business. It put her in a very awkward and uncomfortable position.

Yes, my heart got a bit broken that day but I learned a valuable life lesson from it (and Mrs T came into my life years later, too!).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#351 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 19 March 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

Maybe I was thinking of a waitress... :unsure:/>/> :idea32:/>/>

My only issue with asking out people in the service industry (back when I was single, mind you) is that I would have an unfair advantage in that their livelihood depends upon their being nice to me (and others). If you meet them somewhere neutral (say, at a coffee house or bookstore, where you're both customers) then I'd say it's fair game.

I once had a mad crush on a young lady (many moons ago, back when I was a young & single) who worked in one of my favorite bookstores. Used to see her every week, and we seemed to get along well, and so I tried to screw up the courage to ask her out. Once day I did, but she seemed to get a bit nervous and never answered conclusively. I went home and analyzed it in my head over and over (like watching tapes of the shuttle disasters), and I realized how unfair it was of me to do that; to ask her out at her place of business. It put her in a very awkward and uncomfortable position.

Yes, my heart got a bit broken that day but I learned a valuable life lesson from it (and Mrs T came into my life years later, too!).

Like I said, I never picked up in a bar....I picked up several waitresses at the Gym (includimg my lovely ex-wife). I am sorry that she broke your heart, but you landed the best lady of all - your wife! So it worked out for the best!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#352 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 March 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

Like I said, I never picked up in a bar....I picked up several waitresses at the Gym (includimg my lovely ex-wife). I am sorry that she broke your heart, but you landed the best lady of all - your wife! So it worked out for the best!

Oh, and I couldn't be happier, believe me.

Mrs T is the only person I could truly imagine sharing my weird little life with. It truly takes a geek to love a geek. Norms and straights just don't 'get' us... :lol:

Speaking of which, Mrs T made me VERY proud today.
She encountered a homeless man outside of the store where she was picking up things for school. He wasn't asking for money, just food or butane gas to fuel his camp. He had a pacemaker and said he hated going to homeless shelters (he was proud; and made himself a camp instead). Since he wasn't asking for money just "help", Mrs T. bought him some Ramen noodles and 4 units of butane fuel (enough for 8 days) to cook and warm himself with. I was just BURSTING with pride. That is compassion in action. I so dearly LOVE (and am proud of) my wife... :hug:

I wish I could count this as MY good deed, but oh well...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#353 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:56 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 19 March 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

Oh, and I couldn't be happier, believe me.

Mrs T is the only person I could truly imagine sharing my weird little life with. It truly takes a geek to love a geek. Norms and straights just don't 'get' us... :lol:/>

Speaking of which, Mrs T made me VERY proud today.
She encountered a homeless man outside of the store where she was picking up things for school. He wasn't asking for money, just food or butane gas to fuel his camp. He had a pacemaker and said he hated going to homeless shelters (he was proud; and made himself a camp instead). Since he wasn't asking for money just "help", Mrs T. bought him some Ramen noodles and 4 units of butane fuel (enough for 8 days) to cook and warm himself with. I was just BURSTING with pride. That is compassion in action. I so dearly LOVE (and am proud of) my wife... :hug:/>

I wish I could count this as MY good deed, but oh well...

Awwwwwwww....I am so proud of her! That is awesome!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#354 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 March 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Awwwwwwww....I am so proud of her! That is awesome!

So am I.

She is so compassionate; I find that one of her most lovely traits. It's what makes one truly beautiful, IMO. :hug:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#355 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 March 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

So am I.

She is so compassionate; I find that one of her most lovely traits. It's what makes one truly beautiful, IMO. :hug:/>

That's why you married her! You go, boy!
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.