GalacticaBBS: Favorite TOS Episode - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Favorite TOS Episode Vote and Let us Know Why

Poll: Favorite TOS Episode (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite TOS Episode

1. Saga Of A Star World Parts 1-3 (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. Lost Planet Of The Gods Parts 1-2 (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. Lost Warrior (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. The Long Patrol (0 votes [0.00%])

5. The Gun On Ice Planet Zero Parts 1-2 (1 votes [4.55%])

6. The Magnificent Warriors (0 votes [0.00%])

7. The Young Lords (0 votes [0.00%])

8. The Living Legend, Parts 1-2 (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

9. Fire In Space (1 votes [4.55%])

10. War Of The Gods, Parts 1-2 (1 votes [4.55%])

11. The Man With Nine Lives (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Murder On The Rising Star (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Greetings From Earth, Parts 1-2 (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Baltar's Escape (1 votes [4.55%])

15. Experiment in Terra (1 votes [4.55%])

16. Take The Celestra (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Hand Of God (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:17 AM

View Postsean, on 27 October 2009 - 11:04 AM, said:

living legend loved the idea of two battlestars

Loved that one as well.

Best lines from the episode:

BALTAR (in stupid helmet), "It's impossible!"
CYLON PILOT: "No, it is a battlestar."

That one gets me every time! I used to get a bit skeeved out by the beautiful Laurette Spang (at that time, she was in her late 20s) hooking up with Lloyd Bridges' Cain (at the time he was older than dinosaur farts). However, now that I'm in middle age myself (40s), I have uh... ahem, changed my perspective on hot younger women with older men! :thumbsup: :P

In fact, I'd have to say I'm all for it now (as I often joke, my wife is a 'younger woman'; five years younger to be exact). :hug: :P

#22 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Pick Your Own Title!
  • View blog

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 29 October 2009 - 08:17 AM, said:

Loved that one as well.

Best lines from the episode:

BALTAR (in stupid helmet), "It's impossible!"
CYLON PILOT: "No, it is a battlestar."

That one gets me every time! I used to get a bit skeeved out by the beautiful Laurette Spang (at that time, she was in her late 20s) hooking up with Lloyd Bridges' Cain (at the time he was older than dinosaur farts). However, now that I'm in middle age myself (40s), I have uh... ahem, changed my perspective on hot younger women with older men! :thumbsup: :P

In fact, I'd have to say I'm all for it now (as I often joke, my wife is a 'younger woman'; five years younger to be exact). :hug: :P

That was a great moment. It is too bad that it didn't last nearly long enough.

#23 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 29 July 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

That was a great moment. It is too bad that it didn't last nearly long enough.

If I had to say on-the-spot which 3 episodes were my favorite of the whole TOS?

* Saga of a Star World (duh; BSG ground zero... it also works very well as a movie. I know; I saw it a bunch of times AT the movies). :cylon-pancarte03:

* Living Legend (nice the way TOS Cain also shook up the status quo) :cylonclap:

* War of the Gods (expanded on the TOS mythology greatly; even if the literal, thick Mormon-esque ending was a bit much) :cylonclap:

But the more I think of "War of the Gods" the more I think I would've just cut the whole sequence where Starbuck and Sheba are actually aboard the Ship of Lights. It was very heavy-handed; with the silly white clothes (with magic underwear?) and the "Heaven Can Wait"-wannabe production design. I would've cut from Starbuck and Sheba blacking out aboard the shuttle to to Col Tigh on the bridge picking up the shuttle on long range scanner, coming home with the returning pilots. And in 'Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind returning WW2 pilots" fashion, they arrive back on Galactica a bit disoriented with a 'far away' look in their eyes. And then in the coda sequence, at dinner, they remember flashes of what happened; like when Starbuck says, "there was a light, a sound... it was beautiful." BAM. Flash cut to an almost subliminal shot of one of the SoL aliens. Ditto for Sheba and Apollo's shaky recollections as well. Then at the end? Same as before; they have the coordinates for Earth...

Not that I'm a master storyteller, but I DO kind of believe in the less-is-more school of thought.

#24 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Pick Your Own Title!
  • View blog

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 30 July 2011 - 12:25 AM, said:

If I had to say on-the-spot which 3 episodes were my favorite of the whole TOS?

* Saga of a Star World (duh; BSG ground zero... it also works very well as a movie. I know; I saw it a bunch of times AT the movies). :cylon-pancarte03:

* Living Legend (nice the way TOS Cain also shook up the status quo) :cylonclap:

* War of the Gods (expanded on the TOS mythology greatly; even if the literal, thick Mormon-esque ending was a bit much) :cylonclap:

But the more I think of "War of the Gods" the more I think I would've just cut the whole sequence where Starbuck and Sheba are actually aboard the Ship of Lights. It was very heavy-handed; with the silly white clothes (with magic underwear?) and the "Heaven Can Wait"-wannabe production design. I would've cut from Starbuck and Sheba blacking out aboard the shuttle to to Col Tigh on the bridge picking up the shuttle on long range scanner, coming home with the returning pilots. And in 'Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind returning WW2 pilots" fashion, they arrive back on Galactica a bit disoriented with a 'far away' look in their eyes. And then in the coda sequence, at dinner, they remember flashes of what happened; like when Starbuck says, "there was a light, a sound... it was beautiful." BAM. Flash cut to an almost subliminal shot of one of the SoL aliens. Ditto for Sheba and Apollo's shaky recollections as well. Then at the end? Same as before; they have the coordinates for Earth...

Not that I'm a master storyteller, but I DO kind of believe in the less-is-more school of thought.

Well living legend was fantastic on par with flight of the phoenix. Everything worked about that episode. I think what I enjoyed most was the ambiguity of the Pegasus' demise. leaving it open for her return should it be seen fit to bring it back again. I think it would have worked.

#25 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2015 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Hell on Wheels, Fear The Walking Dead

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

The Hand of God hands (no pun intended) down. Although I have a lot of memories when it comes to The Gun on Ice Planet Zero.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hand of God was excellent; it's a shame the show got the axe at that point. It's like the characters were really finding their voices... :cylonnono:

#27 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Pick Your Own Title!
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 31 July 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hand of God was excellent; it's a shame the show got the axe at that point. It's like the characters were really finding their voices... :cylonnono:

Once again you have crystallized my thoughts exactly

#28 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

I thought the scene with Sheba and Apollo aboard the raider (before launch) was one of the best of the entire series; you actually realize these characters are ALL hiding a lot of pain over their tremendous losses. Something NuBSG properly exploited, but it seemed TOS was juuuust starting to get a handle on it. Although from what I've read of Larson's plans for season 2 (rumors of Cain coming back as a mandroid, Boomer becoming a scientific genius, and Athena being recast via 'emergency plastic surgery')? I'm kind of glad it didn't come.

But "Hand of God" gave viewers a tantalizing 'what if' for a second season that was not meant to be... :cylonnono:

#29 User is offline   Big Al Icon

• Deckhand
  • Interests:BSG TOS, R/C Aircraft, Cylon building, Prop Building

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

The first one Saga of a star world was the best by far, I did like Living Ledgend, and Gun on Ice planet as my #2 an #3 favs, and the Galactica fire episode was good. But my favorite was the first one. :nav:
It's A Cylon's World

Posted Image

#30 User is offline   viper73 Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

If I HAD to pick it would be The Living Legend. tho i love all the TOS episodes. Lost Planet of the gods was good also!

#31 User is offline   viper73 Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Big al, Im new also welcome man ain this place cool... and come to think of it i really loved the young lords also

#32 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Saga of a Star Word for me. Saw it both on TV and at the movies (in 'senssurround' back in 1979).

Second place would be "Living Legend" followed by "Hand of God" (the TOS finale; it gave a hint at where the characters could've gone if given a second season... what a shame).

Honorable mention to "Lost Planet of the Gods"; a nice peek at the mythology of the colonials and Kobol.

#33 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

If you're into TOSBSG vote and let us know what your favorite episode is. Thanks!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.