GalacticaBBS: Edward James Olmos Planning 'Battlestar Galactica' Graphic Novel - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Edward James Olmos Planning 'Battlestar Galactica' Graphic Novel

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

Edward James Olmos isnt ready to let William Adama go. The creators of the TV series are sticking with prequels but hes got a plan to see Admiral Adama again.

If they dont, I am, Olmos said in a conference call today. Im going to go there. Im going to go there in a graphic novel. Pretty soon I hope. I don't know. It just depends on whether people can get behind it and understand it for what it is. I think people will.

Olmos spoke with the press for Hispanic Heritage Month, where his film Selena is one of the films Warner Brothers is offering on Movies on Demand. Conversation tuned to BSG and he elaborated on his plans to continue the story where the series left off.

I think people would really flip out to know what Lee Adama is doing on the planet, what the chief is doing on the planet and what is the colonel doing on the planet and how is the planet treating us and how are we treating the planet? How are we getting along, the human development that we were inside of the human development that we see today. Thats pretty heavy.

Olmos is currently looking for artists to help him, so get on that! Thats what Im going for right now, he said.

The series finale of Battlestar left Adama on a new planet building a cabin. It turns out Olmos has more ideas based on that too.

I want to know what hes doing right now, dont you? I kind of was left with him sitting about to build his cabin, so God almighty Id like to know whats happening to him right now. In many moments throughout the day, Ill think, I wonder what hes doing? What the heck is he up to? What the heck are those people up to? Here they were 200,000 years ago on this earth. They came from the experience that they came from. All I can tell you is: arent you guys curious as to what happened to them?

Source: screenjunkies.com
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

I don't have any doubts about his artistic capabilities to make this work, but I was at peace with were it left off to be honest.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:16 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 11 September 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

I don't have any doubts about his artistic capabilities to make this work, but I was at peace with were it left off to be honest.

I feel more or less the same about it (I too, thought the finale was just right); but, if I see EJO's graphic novel on Barnes & Noble shelf? Hell yes, I'd grab it! :lol: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

I was thinking about what could be done. Galactica and the fleet are now destroyed in the sun, they have a few Raptors and transports. If it was to continue it should not be under the banner of BSG. Call it Earth: The Beginning or something like that, not BSG.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 12 September 2010 - 07:17 AM, said:

I was thinking about what could be done. Galactica and the fleet are now destroyed in the sun, they have a few Raptors and transports. If it was to continue it should not be under the banner of BSG. Call it Earth: The Beginning or something like that, not BSG.

Earth 2: Electric Boogaloo! :roflmao:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.