GalacticaBBS: Happy Birthday Dirk Benedict - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Happy Birthday Dirk Benedict

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

Roaming through the birthdays on IMDB (as I usually do in the mornings) I came across Dirk Benedict, who is 72 today.
Here's wishing TOS Starbuck all the best.

Posted Image

I know he gets a lot of flack for his sexist comments and other controversial remarks he's made, but all I know of him is the man I met in 2010, and that man was a gentleman who was "humbled" by the appreciation of the fans who were waiting to see him. I saw a man who was very generous with his time, who was kind to kids, women and middle-aged geeks like myself. He was also a bit of a joker; signing a humorously sly autograph for myself and for a then-friend of mine. He is also a fellow cancer survivor, and I respect what he went through (I'm sure he's saddened that his costar Richard Hatch lost his own struggle only last month). He was also touched when I told him how much I wished I could see his theatrical version of "Columbo" (a show I used to like as a kid), so he actually did a bit of his stage version of the character right in front of me (that's what he's doing in the above pic, by the way...)! That's the Dirk Benedict I remember.

Wishing him all the best.

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

I always like Dirk Benedict, he was always fun in the shows that I saw him in. I remember him doing Columbo, I saw a couple of you tube videos, he was dead on Peter Falk.

#3 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Happy Birthday!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.