• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Map of the 12 Colonies Available through QMX online

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

Put together by BSG/Caprica Science Advisor Kevin Grazer and Jane Espensen, here is the link (via io9.com) to get your hands on a map of the 12 colonies:
io9/QMX/Map of the 12 Colonies
Enjoy! :cylonclap:

Posted Image

All those juicy targets... :cylonclap: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

/want. But ill wait untill I can get it in europe (perhaps through ebay). Ive had it with those crappy taxes!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Kmprīrak Icon

• Junior Lieutenant
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Computer, Graphic design

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

Well, looks nice on the first sight, but there are a lot of differences regarding the series.

Only 28 billion inhabitants? Well, I think they were more than 50 billion. And what happened to the symbols of the colonies? And why can't you see Scorpia from Tauron anymore?

Aside, nice they used "LunarCell" from Flaming Pear, as I did already two years ago. Well, cool stuff, also with the "official" names, but well, I will ot scrap my stuff! :cylon-pancarte04:

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

View PostKmprīrak, on 25 January 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, looks nice on the first sight, but there are a lot of differences regarding the series.

Only 28 billion inhabitants? Well, I think they were more than 50 billion. And what happened to the symbols of the colonies? And why can't you see Scorpia from Tauron anymore?

Aside, nice they used "LunarCell" from Flaming Pear, as I did already two years ago. Well, cool stuff, also with the "official" names, but well, I will ot scrap my stuff! :cylon-pancarte04:

I remember the NuBSG novelization referred to 28 billion as well (of course, it's never been exactly established in dialogue). But even so, that's still the population of our own crowded planet times 4 and spread across 12 planets.
Lots of breathing room, I'd imagine! :cylonclap:

I like the idea of the Cyrannus star system (that was it's name in TOS as well; nice bit of continuity) being a pair of orbiting binaries. Assuming orbital stability of all 4 stars, there could be lots of 'goldilocks zones' (the 'just right' areas around a star where conditions for liquid water, the keys to life, are stable). We're finding out that previous estimates of our own sun's 'goldilocks' zone may be wrong, especially if Europa's subsurface ocean is warm enough, or if Mars possibly yields subterranean life.
We may yet discover that our own system has more than one habitable planet.... :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Kmprīrak Icon

• Junior Lieutenant

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

It was stated on-screen that 50 billion were killed when the toasters attacked the colonies. :cylonnono:

#6 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

And it is also wrong, because there should be a Cylon flag on each of the worlds! :cylonanime01: :naughty3dg:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostKmprīrak, on 26 January 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

It was stated on-screen that 50 billion were killed when the toasters attacked the colonies. :cylonnono:

Could you cite the episode please? I don't remember them ever giving a specific number on screen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 26 January 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

And it is also wrong, because there should be a Cylon flag on each of the worlds! :cylonanime01: :naughty3dg:

Yeah.
I had banners made up for each colony with our insignia on them that said "THIS COLONY UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT."
Frakking colonials just didn't get it.
You'd think they'd be grateful after all of the trees we planted in that Caprica mall, too.... :lol:

Posted Image

Guess colonials don't really celebrate Arbor Day in a big way as we do. :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   Kmprīrak Icon

• Junior Lieutenant

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

This from the battlestarwiki.com homepage .......

"Of the original 50 billion inhabitants, only about 55,000 survive the first days of the holocaust. Most of them leave the Colonies behind in two small fugitive fleets. The fleet of the battlestar Galactica eventually encounters both Kobol, as well as the original Thirteenth Colony Earth. Some time after that, and after the destruction of the the Cylon home world, they settle on a beautiful, rich world, leaving behind the baggage of their Colonial heritage. (TRS: Miniseries, "Razor", "Daybreak, Part II")"

#10 User is offline   CiCi Icon

• Callsign - Milk-Chan
  • Interests:Cooking

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostKmprīrak, on 25 January 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

It seems like everybody uses LunarCell. Star Wars the Essential Atlas and Star Trek Star Charts are a couple others that come to mind.

#11 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

That's nice map - but it needed updated with "CLOSED FOR DESTRUCION - DETOUR AHEAD" haha! :roflmao:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 03 April 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

That's nice map - but it needed updated with "CLOSED FOR DESTRUCION - DETOUR AHEAD" haha! :roflmao:

:roflmao:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   Tinman Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Sci-Fi Ships & Fighters, Firefighting, Model Building, Combat Flight Sims

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

The source I have - "THE TRAVELERS GUIDE TO THE 12 COLONIES" - has the following population of the colonies at 90.7 Billion before the Cylon attack - broken down as follows:

AERELON.................4.5 Billion
AQUARIA.................5.5 Billion
CANCERON................6.3 Billion
CAPRICA.................14.3 Billion
GEMENON.................8.9 Billion
LEONIS..................7.4 Billion
LIBRIS..................4.8 Billion
PICON...................6.7 Billion
SAGITTARON..............9.9 Billion
SCORPIA.................5.4 Billion
TAURON..................6.2 Billion
VIRGON..................10.8 Billion
------------------------------------
TOTAL...................90.7 Billion

I think you would be kinda hard pressed to find any two sets of figures that agree on ANY OF THIS. Unfortunately the BSG World isn't as well documented on ANYTHING as well as the STAR WARS & STAR TREK worlds are. There seem to be a regular MOUNTAIN of manuals on every subject for them and hardly nothing at all on the BSG side. Glen Larson really "Screwed the Pooch" on that side of the franchise.

Still a nice map, I guess I am going to have to get one to frame.

:nBSGsalute:
TINMAN
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Rowskid86 Icon

• Major
  • Interests:Trek, BSG, Firefly, NCIS, SGA,
    Staying in best possible shape
    Russia/Ukraine and The Zone
    Metal/Rock/Raï/Soundtracks and a general mixture of a lot of things.
    Middle Eastern Food (Seriously that stuff is awesome)
    Command & Conquer

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 26 January 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Yeah.
I had banners made up for each colony with our insignia on them that said "THIS COLONY UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT."
Frakking colonials just didn't get it.
You'd think they'd be grateful after all of the trees we planted in that Caprica mall, too.... :lol:

Posted Image

Guess colonials don't really celebrate Arbor Day in a big way as we do. :cylonnono:

It was nice that you planted those trees, because alot of skinjobs and chrome dome's were there. MAde for easy Toaster shopping.

I would really like this map, but I will get the Firefly map before. already have th map of trek from the 30th anniversary book and starcharts
"Listen, you may feel like hell. But, sometimes, lost is where you need to be. Just because you don't know your direction doesn't mean you don't have one." Slick

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.