GalacticaBBS: Tim Burton’s Superman Lives was almost revived as an animated movie - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tim Burton’s Superman Lives was almost revived as an animated movie

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

Posted Image

There’s been no shortage of discussion around Tim Burton’s proposed Superman movie that was set to star Nicolas Cage... hell, there’s even a whole documentary about it. And it seems as though the fateful tale of Superman Lives just won’t die!

Now it has been revealed that the infamous movie project was almost revived as an animation feature, according to Batman Vs. Two-Face co-screenwriter Michael Jelenic.

“I had a big pitch, and they took it seriously for a second, to do Tim Burton’s Superman… to do that animated,” Jelenic revealed at an press event at New York Comic Con, which CBR attended.

After a reporter suggested Nic Cage might be up for lending his voice, Jelenic added: “He would absolutely do it!”

If you’ve seen the 2015 documentary The Death of “Superman Lives” by filmmaker Jon Schnepp, you’ll know that Warner Bros. spent a helluva lot of time and money during the ‘90s in getting the project off the ground, with it ultimately crash-landing.

In 2016, Kevin Smith, who co-wrote the film with Wesley Strick and Dan Gilroy, also spoke about the possibility of an animated version. “That would be really amazing,” he said in a Facebeook live discussion at the time, adding: “To kind of see, like they turn it into a cartoon and get the people to do the voices. Nic Cage is still around and stuff. And I wanted Michael Rooker for my Lex Luthor so that would be amazing. Um, but, you know, I’m game.”

Do you hear that, Warner Bros.?! Let’s hope the studio is listening, because with all the ongoing love for this ill-fated project, we’d argue that there’s a strong fan base who would be very excited to see this movie take flight in any shape or form – and an animation would kick ass to say the least.

Source: Syfy.com

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

I would be curious to see the story they came up with for Superman Lives.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 19 October 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

I would be curious to see the story they came up with for Superman Lives.

The script by Kevin Smith is online:

http://www.script-o-...ves-script.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.