GalacticaBBS: What good deed did you do today? - GalacticaBBS

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »

What good deed did you do today? Tell us about your good deeds for the day.

#1 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

This can range from anything from doing your chores and homework, to rescuing little old ladies, to writing your government about making a difference. A good deed is a good deed. So if you got it flaunt it as they use to say.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#2 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

I held the door open for an old woman the other day. That was my good deed.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#3 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

A few (I try to do at least one random act of decency a day; seriously, it's kind of my public 'modus operandi' if you will. Pay it forward).
Not counting housework, making dinner, washing dishes, etc for my wife (which I do every day), I also did a few others:

* Held the doors open for a handicapped woman at the gym today; she was going in for mild physical therapy (was on a walker). I genuinely didn't mind (I've done time on walkers and in wheelchairs myself; it's no picnic).

* Let a truck driver who was in a tight spot cut in front of me on the freeway (he'd made an error at the off-ramp and needed to get back on the freeway; we've ALL done that at least once).

* Was nice to a clerk who was having a stressful day (her last customer was an absolute toad). Made a little joke and left her laughing a bit.

* Gave away some old dvds to a friend at no charge; they were redundant copies anyway, and she just got a new place, so I thought to send her some entertainment.

Next?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

Not strangling my children :P I think that's an awesome good deed hehehe.
Posted Image

#5 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

View PostRavenshayde, on 19 June 2011 - 04:59 AM, said:

That reminds me; does NOT shooting my neighbors' gods' damned noisy, yapping dogs count? Because I didn't (despite STRONG temptation). :innocent: :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

I just finished my weekly shift at the humane society.

I suspect that's the only thing I'll ever be able to put here. Good deeds are not my specialty. Unless helping the occasional newb in WoW counts.

#7 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 18 June 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

A few (I try to do at least one random act of decency a day; seriously, it's kind of my public 'modus operandi' if you will. Pay it forward).
Not counting housework, making dinner, washing dishes, etc for my wife (which I do every day), I also did a few others:

* Held the doors open for a handicapped woman at the gym today; she was going in for mild physical therapy (was on a walker). I genuinely didn't mind (I've done time on walkers and in wheelchairs myself; it's no picnic).

* Let a truck driver who was in a tight spot cut in front of me on the freeway (he'd made an error at the off-ramp and needed to get back on the freeway; we've ALL done that at least once).

* Was nice to a clerk who was having a stressful day (her last customer was an absolute toad). Made a little joke and left her laughing a bit.

* Gave away some old dvds to a friend at no charge; they were redundant copies anyway, and she just got a new place, so I thought to send her some entertainment.

Next?

Very cool, Toaster. You are a great guy for doing those deeds. Way to go buddy.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#8 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

View PostRavenshayde, on 19 June 2011 - 04:59 AM, said:

That is always thoughtful of a parent not to do that no matter how much you want to.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#9 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 19 June 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

I suspect that's the only thing I'll ever be able to put here. Good deeds are not my specialty. Unless helping the occasional newb in WoW counts.

Woo hoo! Humane Society...excellent. Way to go! I think if you pitch in on a weekly basis to the Humane Society, something tells me that good deeds are your thing. You are just being modest. The only thing missing on you is a BIG 'S' on your chest.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#10 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 19 June 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

Do unto others... then run like hell! :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

I bought some Valspar paint and proceeded to paint my entire basement. That paint is everything the commercials say it is. Let the wife play on the iPad the whole time.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 19 June 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

I bought some Valspar paint and proceeded to paint my entire basement. That paint is everything the commercials say it is. Let the wife play on the iPad the whole time.

Awesome!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#13 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 June 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

Woo hoo! Humane Society...excellent. Way to go! I think if you pitch in on a weekly basis to the Humane Society, something tells me that good deeds are your thing. You are just being modest. The only thing missing on you is a BIG 'S' on your chest.

Keep in mind I'm not doing this by choice.

#14 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Taking my wife to see "Green Lantern" against all of my intuition and better judgment (she's a serious GL fan). Does that count as a good deed? :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:13 AM

I didnt run out and rip my neighbors head off cause he was playing loud music
Posted Image

#16 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostNanouk, on 21 June 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

I didnt run out and rip my neighbors head off cause he was playing loud music

You too, eh? At least it wasn't Mexican folk music, I hope...

My good deed for the day? I reported my neighbor's noisy dog to our new (hopefully better) property management. Now on the surface, this may not seem like a good deed; but I believe for their dog it IS. That poor animal (a puppy, by the way) is left alone in their yard (which borders ours, sadly) for HOURS at a time (in the dark as well). It's young, and it's lonely, and I can see from my house that the neighbors are HOME. They just ignore it. That's so f**king cruel, I want to explode at them, "It's a PUPPY, you morons!! It wants to bond with your dumb a$$es." Maybe now, if they realize they will be fined for leaving the poor creature to bark insanely like that, they will actually do the right thing and take it in when it howls senselessly by itself. It's only a few months old. You should hear it's pitiful cry at night, while they are all inside watching TV.

So, while I did this for admittedly selfish reasons (I hate the barrage of dog noise), I believe if my neighbor's insensitivity (to their dog and to us) will cost them a hefty fine? It might train THEM (and not the dog) and force them to be more conscious, aware pet owners. So calling our PM on their dog may ultimately be a good deed for the dog.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

No Mexican folk, but I can tell you that the R&B crap that they play here isn't better.. AT ALL.

*insert rant*

So I woke up, after a crap night with the music.
Called pharmacy for wrong pills. Lady is SO not nice, and she argues over the brand I should have (I've been taking these things for 10 years, but she says I dont know which brand I use). Really unpleasant start.
So I had coffee, and went to the Uni. There it was open day. Which means highschoolers running around seeing if this is the big ivory building they will go next year. Not my problem but the medialab where I work was closed because of it (they were doing some presentations for the highschoolers). Grrrr... OK. Went to the 6th floor Law-faculty study room. But at my uni law is only studied by north african girls. And eventhough I have no problem with them studying law at all.. they are LOUD. They have a teaparty in a room that should be a study room. (see my annoyance lvl rise?). THEN the cleaner comes in and starts cleaning .... well me almost. And as if that wasnt enough, the construction crew comes in and start drilling in the ceiling to fix a light... I went home...

And didnt kill ANYONE .. I mean that must qualify as an INSANE good deed?
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 June 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

Taking my wife to see "Green Lantern" against all of my intuition and better judgment (she's a serious GL fan). Does that count as a good deed? :D

I would classify this as a horrible deed. How could you!!!! What a terrible film.
Posted Image

#19 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 21 June 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

I would classify this as a horrible deed. How could you!!!! What a terrible film.

I know! I should start a new thread called, "What awful act did YOU commit today?" :lol:
Taking my wife to "Green Lantern" would be my first post... (see my blog rant for details, if you're interested).
The movie sucked so bad, it almost created a vacuum in the theatre...

Good deed for today?
My wife and I are taking our friend and her kids to the beach today and we're paying for parking and food. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 21 June 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

I know! I should start a new thread called, "What awful act did YOU commit today?" :lol:
Taking my wife to "Green Lantern" would be my first post... (see my blog rant for details, if you're interested).
The movie sucked so bad, it almost created a vacuum in the theatre...

Good deed for today?
My wife and I are taking our friend and her kids to the beach today and we're paying for parking and food. :)

There are some movies that you know are going to be ridiculously bad just by the previews. I can see why little kids might like something like this but not me. No sir!

No good deeds yet. Only 6:12 am.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.