GalacticaBBS: Tarantino Might Make a Star Trek Movie - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Tarantino Might Make a Star Trek Movie

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

File this under today's most unexpected news - a new rumor suggests Quentin Tarantino is planning to make a Star Trek movie at Paramount.

Sources close to Deadline say that Tarantino has cooked up a "great idea" for a Star Trek movie, and after sharing his idea with JJ Abrams (who 'rebooted' the series in 2009), a plan has reportedly been put in place to assemble a writer's room to begin building a script. If all goes to plan, Tarantino may direct the film, with Abrams attached to produce.

If the rumor is true, it's an unexpected move for the director, who's traditionally made his own original work (a couple of episodes of CSI and an episode of ER stand as the only exceptions). Further, the director is currently working on getting a distributor for what is supposedly the penultimate film in his career, based around Charles Manson and the Family murders. Would a Star Trek project really be his tenth and final film? Or is the news of his impending retirement now redundant?

Paramount's last Star Trek feature was 2016's Star Trek Beyond, and a fourth film is being planned with the same cast. Whether or not Tarantino would take the reigns of the existing series or branch off on his own wild path remains to be seen.

Source: IGN

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'm going to file that under complete BS. I don't think for one second Tarantino is going to direct a Star Trek movie. Saying that if he did do one it might be interesting.....I hear photoshop calling LOL.

#3 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Might look something like this :)

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 05 December 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Might look something like this :)/>

Posted Image

:lol:

I’ve seen an old YouTube video where he described his ideas for a ST movie; basically it would be a series of big budget TOS episode remakes. If he still has that idea, I’d rather he not. They were fine the first time. ;)

#5 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:55 AM

Some of Tarantino's movies are brilliant but they're very gory. People do die in ST too, sometimes many of them, but I have a hard time reconciling Star Trek with gore...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

View Postmaneth, on 06 December 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

Some of Tarantino's movies are brilliant but they're very gory. People do die in ST too, sometimes many of them, but I have a hard time reconciling Star Trek with gore...

There’s also a lot of “colorful metaphors” as Spock might say.
While I doubt a Tarantino Trek is going to happen, I also have to wonder if he could find the inner discipline to do a genuine science fiction movie without it descending into self-parody.

Tarantino movies of late seem to start off strongly and kind of fall apart by the end.
Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction are my two favorites of his because they were tight and managed to keep it together all the way through.

His recent movies (Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds (sic) and Hateful Eight) haven’t been as lucky.

But again, I doubt this will happen anyway...

#7 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

Agreed on Tarantino. I don't think I've seen Jackie Brown and I don't remember much about Pulp Fiction, but I did enjoy both Kill Bill movies.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

View Postmaneth, on 08 December 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Agreed on Tarantino. I don't think I've seen Jackie Brown and I don't remember much about Pulp Fiction, but I did enjoy both Kill Bill movies.

Kill Bill was (were, since there were two) good (his last really good movie IMO), but a little bit overindulgent; I still think it could’ve been one big movie instead of two very long ones.

#9 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:58 AM

I’m not a fan of Tarantino’s movies over all. I’ve seen several of them but of the ones I’ve seen From Dusk ‘til Dawn is the only one I liked.

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 09 December 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

I’m not a fan of Tarantino’s movies over all. I’ve seen several of them but of the ones I’ve seen From Dusk ‘til Dawn is the only one I liked.

And he wrote that one; it was directed by Robert Rodriguez.

I really like his earlier work; everything from “Reservoir Dogs” (1992) to “Kill Bill” (2004).
But most of his movies after that have been largely hit-and-miss; mostly because they’re too self-indulgent.

I still think that his Trek is not going to happen; it’s going to stew in development hell for a few years, and then some more reliable Justin Lin-type will jump in and actually finish the thing.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.