Classic BSG Back on NBC

#1 User is offline   Queenhunter Icon

• Petty Officer 1st Class
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:3dapps-Gfx-Motion-Effects-Modeling-Video
    SciFi-

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

Well, site is so big, am unsure if I am posting in right section.

Well, may have found why it has been dropped like a brick everywhere I used to watch it.

in their words.
The SciFi remake is a huge hit -- now see the original. Under attack from the evil Cylons, the last human survivors travel through the reaches of space in a desperate search for the legendary planet Earth.

So, it seems you can watch them now on NBC .Com

Link to Episodes.

http://www.nbc.com/c...on-1/32424/p/1/

Now I have watched part of Part 1 SoSW- and there were some scenes that I do not recall being in the shows. May be re-edited-added footage am unsure.

But something was done cause there were a few things am sure were not in season episodes I have watched recently. So maybe they are brewing them up for something coming down the pike in the future.

Maybe BSG Classic has a future now.
Posted Image

-ever get that feeling from a movie trailer you cant wait to see it-
that is what it does to me.

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

The pilot of BSG, "Saga of a Star World" has many versions; a two hour theatrical version (which I remember seeing multiple times when I was a kid),
a three hour original ABC broadcast version (some of the extra scenes you see are probably from this one; the most complete version), and there's even a 'chopped into thirds' version that was shown on the SciFi channel (excuse me, SyFy).

As for a future series/movie continuing the story of classic BSG? All I can say is, don't hold your breath. There have been on/off again rumors of this since 1998. I remember Glen Larson (TOS BSG's producer) even promising an I-MAX Pegasus movie at one point; I think he was just blowing sunshine up our a$$es.
It's never going to happen. If another version happens someday, it'll most likely be another reboot (ala NuBSG), but given BSG's constant ratings issues (even NuBSG struggled in the four years it was broadcast), it'll be a long while, I'm sure.

I'm afraid "Blood & Chrome" is about all we BSG fans have to look forward to for awhile. And from the looks of it, it's not going to be all that and a bag of chips. :cylonnono:

But again.... I'd LOVE to be wrong. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Electricbolt Icon

• GBBS Admin & News Contributor - Callsign Survivor
  • View blog
  • Group: Forum Admins

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 22 March 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

As for a future series/movie continuing the story of classic BSG? All I can say is, don't hold your breath.

Yeah, I heard the same talk of doing a continuation. Probably someone just wanting to jump on the popularity of it. Like Dean Devlin pushing for the continuation of the original Stargate film trilogy based on the popularity (at the time I heard about that rumor) of the franchise. I'd love to see Richard Hatch's "Second Coming" he had planned for the franchise, based on what I read on the trailer he shot. As for any kind of continuation, it's been left to the novels & comic books unfortunately. Though, 'unfortunately' may be the wrong term here. Dynamite Entertainment's classic series mini a few years ago was pretty decent. I haven't read any since those, but there have been a few (including a re-imagining of the 1980 series).

Edit: This is the first I've actually seen the trailer for the Second Coming... previous searches on YouTube resulted in nothing like this:

Posted Image
Latest Review: BSG: Six #1

#4 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

The Second Coming is "really" only to be shown at cons, etc. As I understand I don't think Hatch has the digital rights for the web... but stuff gets out, re-posted, etc. ...

Oh, and if you lowly humans want to see more - you can count on us Cylons: LINK> Second Coming Photos at the By Your Command.net Photo Gallery *enjoy*
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 22 March 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

The Second Coming is "really" only to be shown at cons, etc. As I understand I don't think Hatch has the digital rights for the web... but stuff gets out, re-posted, etc. ...

Oh, and if you lowly humans want to see more - you can count on us Cylons: LINK> Second Coming Photos at the By Your Command.net Photo Gallery *enjoy*

Actually, I think Hatch DOES have the rights to it, hence his protectiveness of it.
I actually saw this trailer for the first time at Comic Con in 2006, and it was great.
He made it by calling on a LOT of favors and raising the money mostly himself.
The special effects are great, the battles scenes have a real feeling of movement in three dimensions.
Sadly, watching it online is just not the same. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Queenhunter Icon

• View gallery
    SciFi-

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

My first seeing of it.

I would buy tickets in advance of any film like this.

Looked really good to me even in bad video lol.

Even the model changes looked great. I want more, Drill Cylon
we like it, we love it, we want more of it.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 23 March 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

Actually, I think Hatch DOES have the rights to it, hence his protectiveness of it.
I actually saw this trailer for the first time at Comic Con in 2006, and it was great.
He made it by calling on a LOT of favors and raising the money mostly himself.
The special effects are great, the battles scenes have a real feeling of movement in three dimensions.
Sadly, watching it online is just not the same. :(

Yeah, he owns the movie rights - but not online/digital rights. It would have to be a motion picture in theathers.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 23 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yeah, he owns the movie rights - but not online/digital rights. It would have to be a motion picture in theathers.

Good point. :cylonclap:

But seriously, it was a pretty cool trailer for something he basically threw together with his buddies; it was exciting.
Clearly, there was a lot of passion and love involved. Richard Hatch is that rare actor who actually fell in love with the material he worked on.
A lot of actors just think of it as a gig, or say the usual 'oh-it's-great' kind of sound bites about their shows, but judging by his books and 2nd Coming? Hatch was a believer. Just as EJO seems to be as passionate about the new series. EJO called BSG the best thing he's ever been involved in; from a guy who did "Blade Runner" "Stand and Deliver" "American Me" and has been twice nominated for an Academy Award, that's means a LOT.

It's great that BSG (classic and new) inspires that kind of passion in it's actors. Not hard to see why.
Hell, this site's very existence is a testament to the power of the show, and it's compelling mythology. :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

I love the concept of the Colonials going on the offensive to retake their Homeland.:adama-pancarte001:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Queenhunter Icon

• View gallery
    SciFi-

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:41 AM

View PostColonialMarine, on 24 March 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

I love the concept of the Colonials going on the offensive to retake their Homeland.:adama-pancarte001:

DITTO SO SAY WE ALL.

That >>if I were good enough at it and not just beginning would be a great video(Short) to try and make.

I wished I had started learning long ago in another story, far far away :naughty3dg:

Along with Mr. Hatch and others, seems to be a huge fan base that has held on to this
wagon train in the stars.Must be something to it.As much as I love Star Wars and Sci Fi,
Star Trek and all, I still long For BSG Classic.

The man is then a fan also.Which must be a rarity in acting/hollywood <<<<obviously or we would have more BSG :jawdrop:
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.