Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

"Caprica" A Chat with Ron Moore

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

Recently LA Times had a chance to chat with Ron Moore about Caprica. Here are some excerpts:

Some have called "Caprica" a science-fiction soap opera. Is that a fair description and was that the plan?

Well, the intention was to go in that direction. To just do a drama that wasn't set in space. It was kind of important to David [Eick] and I that the show not be about just another "Battlestar" or yet another war series, but to really be different on a fundamental level to what "Battlestar" was. We had always tried to pitch "Battlestar" to the audience as a character drama first, then a sci-fi drama second. There were segments of the audience that we could never convince -- the female audience for instance -- to try the show. They were held back by the hardware and the really sci-fi trappings of the show, but I always felt like science fiction could accommodate different kinds of storytelling that were character-oriented and more grounded, for lack of a better term. So we decided that this show would be very much based on a planet and character-oriented. And the shorthand for that would be primetime soap.

I asked David Eick what his fears were going into production, and he mentioned casting. What were yours?

Mostly it was the budget -- not having enough money to do what we wanted to do. Trying to get enough funds to really realize the world of Caprica and tell the stories that we wanted to tell in the scope that we wanted to do.

The religious aspects are certainly heightened in "Caprica." Did you research religion for the show?

Somewhat. Remi [Aubuchon] really had done more research into that because it was a particular interest of his. A lot of the conversations and initial research on that was done by Remi.

Read the entire article here
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

Looks like we doubled up on this. I posted this yesterday in the Caprica News section
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

Since this has already been posted, I will close this thread.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.