GalacticaBBS: The X-Files returning for 11th season with original stars and creator - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

The X-Files returning for 11th season with original stars and creator

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

Posted Image

Addicts of The X-Files, we have great news for you: The spooky show will be returning for an 11th season.

Fox will be giving us ten episodes for the 2017-2018 season. Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny will be returning to their roles as Dana Scully and Fox Mulder; showrunner Chris Carter will continue showrunning.

“Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why The X-Files has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide," said Fox Broadcasting Company president, David Madden (via Deadline). "Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files.”

This is exciting news for those of us who want the Truth, which is still out there. As season 10 ended, Earth was experiencing a pandemic, Mulder was in his death throes, and it looked as if an alien ship was about to beam Scully aboard. Frankly, it's one of the most disappointing finales I've ever seen. We finally have tangible proof of alien existence, and then… nothing. No hope, no answers, no clarity. It made me feel as if Carter was trolling his audience.

Not that this is going to stop me from watching season 11. Addiction is funny that way.

I found the other episodes to be much more successful, rife with quirkiness and off-putting, frequently murderous events. I especially loved the Darin Morgan-penned "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster," which was filled to the brim with the grimdark humor I fell in love with during the show's original run.

So will we finally get some resolution on Scully and Mulder's fate, on where William is, and on whether or not the aliens are coming for our tasty human flesh? Carter? Please?

Source: Blastr

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

I watched the first episode of the last mini series and checked out. It felt tired the moment I started watching it and brought nothing new to the table.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 21 April 2017 - 05:12 AM, said:

I watched the first episode of the last mini series and checked out. It felt tired the moment I started watching it and brought nothing new to the table.

Later episodes were better; though the finale of S10 was a bit of a drag. The standalone monster episodes of 10 were among the best of the entire series' run IMO.
That said? I'm much happier with 'mini-seasons' instead of a full 20 episodes.

XF is like having a nice coffee with a friend you don't see much anymore; a brief coffee date every now and then is fine, but hang out too often and you start to remember why you don't hang out so much together anymore... :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.