GalacticaBBS: San Diego Comic Con 2017... a little early but here it is - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

San Diego Comic Con 2017... a little early but here it is

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

Decided to blog a bit about the forthcoming San Diego Comic Con 2017, and thereís a preview of one of my new cosplay costumes...

One Week Till San Diego Comic Con 2017/Musings of a Middle-Aged Geek/Wordpress.com

And now this thread will be ready for next week; Comic Con kicks off on 7-19th. ;)

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

I love your new costume, that's a great design!

I've got to wait a month before I can go to Boston for our CC.

#3 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Outstanding! Looking forward to SDCC myself!

....well, I'm not going but you can be sure I'll be glued to my PC for the entire weekend!

I'm still in the same "envy you/not really!" as I am every year. Massive event, but I'm sure I'd just get angry at all the people!`
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 12 July 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

I love your new costume, that's a great design!

I've got to wait a month before I can go to Boston for our CC.

Thanks, P!

I look forward to your pics as well! :thumbup:

Outstanding! Looking forward to SDCC myself!

....well, I'm not going but you can be sure I'll be glued to my PC for the entire weekend!

I'm still in the same "envy you/not really!" as I am every year. Massive event, but I'm sure I'd just get angry at all the people!`

Yeah, those crowds...
Every year I tend to 'forgetí how thick they are; until I get there....and then BAM! It all comes back to me. The pushing, the mile-long lines, the breathing-down-your-neck, etc. But in the end? It always seems worth it.

I mean, where else in the world can you be surrounded by 130,000 like-minded geeky people? When I was younger, I wasnít even aware there were that many people like me on planet Earth, let alone in one place.

So yes, I grumble and growl a lot too... but ultimately I love it. Color me hypocrite. :P

#5 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hah! We're doing London at the end of the month and.... I don't think I can cope with that :P Not sure of the numbers they get, but three days worth of crowds - plus a club meet somewhere in there - and I'm kind of glad I'm behind a table for most of it!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Yeah the crowds kinda suck. Last year there were thousands of people wedged in there and the weather was 90F+ with humidity. By the end of the day I was dripping from head to toe which just happened to be when I got my photo taken with Gillian Anderson (all I wanted was WATER).

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 14 July 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Yeah the crowds kinda suck. Last year there were thousands of people wedged in there and the weather was 90F+ with humidity. By the end of the day I was dripping from head to toe which just happened to be when I got my photo taken with Gillian Anderson (all I wanted wanted was WATER).

Posted Image

Ah Gillian Anderson; my mid-Ď90s crush ( :wub: )... I envy you, P. ;)

Great pic.

Hah! We're doing London at the end of the month and.... I don't think I can cope with that :P Not sure of the numbers they get, but three days worth of crowds - plus a club meet somewhere in there - and I'm kind of glad I'm behind a table for most of it!

Thatís a good thing. I remember my old company having booths at Anime L.A. (2004) and Fangoria Con in Burbank (2007) and they were exhausting, but at least at our booths there was relative safety. :lol:

One of my most OMG moments was at Fangoria con, when a convention-goer was punched in the FACE (!) by a security guard about 25 ft. from our booth. It was CRAZY.
Needless to say, that security guard was immediately dismissed. Once again, we were lucky to be behind our booth.

#8 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

Jebus! Thankfully security in Glasgow are relatively laid back. I feel bad for them as they must get fed up repeating the same things to kids with ego complexes on a loop. London I expect to be a lot tighter, but.... not something I have to worry about. Considering whats going on, I'll be leaving my phaser at home. Clearly just a toy, but a lot of police and security are still on edge so best not to give them something to cause an alarm (especially since it's been repainted in ID's more 'gun metal' colours).

Also... Gillian Anderson just looks better as she gets older. Or is it just me?
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 17 July 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

Jebus! Thankfully security in Glasgow are relatively laid back. I feel bad for them as they must get fed up repeating the same things to kids with ego complexes on a loop. London I expect to be a lot tighter, but.... not something I have to worry about. Considering whats going on, I'll be leaving my phaser at home. Clearly just a toy, but a lot of police and security are still on edge so best not to give them something to cause an alarm (especially since it's been repainted in ID's more 'gun metal' colours).

Also... Gillian Anderson just looks better as she gets older. Or is it just me?

No, she does.

And wise about your precautions in London; I couldnít blame London security for being overly cautious right now...

#10 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Love your new costume, OT! Great job. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

View Postmaneth, on 18 July 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

Love your new costume, OT! Great job. :)/>

Thank you, maneth!
Iím only going to wear ST-Fred once at Comic Con; Iím saving it more for the Las Vegas ST convention in early August.

Iím still bringing two extra Fred suits (we made a spare) so Iíll probably do a lot more cosplay this year; the thing is SUPER comfortable. Iíd wear it over street clothes any day. :lol:

#12 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

Waistless dresses are very comfortable. I'd wear one whenever it's warm enough if I could. I don't want to subject the public to my varicose-veined and cellulite-ridden legs, though. So I don't.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

I saw some pics from SDCC today and... DAMN! The Star Trek display from the guys who made the new Klingon suits are just gorgeous. I'm thankful I'm not there or I'd get arrested for trying to sneak those new daggers out the door! :P
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

RECAP OF PREVIEW NIGHT AND DAY ONE HERE ON MY BLOG. More to come...

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

Recep of PREVIEW NIGHT and DAY ONE on my blog

#16 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 06:35 AM

Looks amazing! Been through through pics since last night. Only upset for not being there so far is that QMX are selling the Discovery pins. And I'm not there to buy one hah!

now to stay hooked into the internet - huge event yet again, even Stargates coming back!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.