GalacticaBBS: Netflix series Altered Carbon looks like Blade Runner meets Ghost in the Shell in first full trailer - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Netflix series Altered Carbon looks like Blade Runner meets Ghost in the Shell in first full trailer

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:54 AM

Today, Netflix released the first full trailer for its upcoming TV series, Altered Carbon. With bright neon colors bursting through the darkness of a far-future dystopia where death is little more than an inconvenience (at least to the super-rich), it mixes the imagery of cyberpunk sci-fi media like Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell with the murder conspiracy plot of a noir thriller. It is also, if you'll forgive my frankness, cool as hell.

While this trailer is much more explicit about the high-concept story than the initial teaser, there's still quite a bit of information it leaves out. If you wanna catch up quick, here's the situation: our main protagonist is actually a man by the name Takeshi Kovacs, who was a revolutionary fighter 250 years ago. He died, but thanks to *cough* magic *cough cough* future technology, he's brought back in an artificial body known as a "sleeve."

Kovacs didn't come back of his own accord though; he was brought back by bajillionaire Laurens Bancroft, who is also currently living in a new sleeve, and wants Kovacs to find who killed his previous body. Other people start getting involved (including a detective hot on Kovacs' tail and an AI modeled after Edgar Allen Poe) and of course, things escalate. Expect lots of heavy themes about mortality, ethics, what makes us human, but also a fair bit of action and sexytimes.

The series is based on a 2002 novel of the same name, so you could even get a head start on the story if you read through the source material before the show comes to Netflix on February 2.

Source: Games Radar

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

ok this this looks like Blade Runner the TV series. I admit that the trailer looks great, I just hope that there's a strong story to back up the visuals. That's one of the things that let Ghost in the Shell down, lots of nods to the original source material but never actually captured the heart of it.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 12 January 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

ok this this looks like Blade Runner the TV series. I admit that the trailer looks great, I just hope that there's a strong story to back up the visuals. That's one of the things that let Ghost in the Shell down, lots of nods to the original source material but never actually captured the heart of it.

Hmmm...
While Iím a dedicated Netflix user, I donít often watch their fantasy/sci-fi shows very much. The only NF shows I watch with any regularity are "Stranger Things" and ďHouse of Cards.Ē
I think Iíve got too many shows/movies to follow as it is. :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.