GalacticaBBS: Star Trek: Discovery Casts Starfleet Officers - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Star Trek: Discovery Casts Starfleet Officers Maulik Pancholy, Sam Vartholomeos, and Terry Serpico beam aboard.

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:51 AM

Three new cast members have joined CBS All Access' forthcoming series Star Trek: Discovery.

Maulik Pancholy (30 Rock), Sam Vartholomeos (The Following), and Terry Serpico (Sneaky Pete) will all play different Starfleet officers.

Pancholy will portray the Starship Shenzhou's chief medical officer, Dr. Nambue. Vartholomeos stars as a junior officer named Ensign Connor who has been assigned to the Starship Shenzhou. Serpico will play Admiral Anderson, a high-ranking official of Starfleet

The trio join a large cast which includes The Waking Dead star Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones (Hellboy), Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), Anthony Rapp (A Beautiful Mind), Shazad Latif (Penny Dreadful), Mary Chieffo (Shelby's Vacation), Chris Obi (Ghost in the Shell), and James Frain (True Detective).

Star Trek: Discovery was set to premiere in May following its first delay but was pushed back once again with no new release date set. Discovery's original showrunner Bryan Fuller stepped down last year, with Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts taking over.

Source: IGN.

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

The proof will be in the pudding; I'm only familiar with a few of those cast so far (Doug Jones, Sonequa Martin-Green and Michelle Yeoh), but it seems that much care was taken with their casting (and they're all good actors) so I'm optimistic.

#3 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

All these names are unfamiliar to me, with the sole exception of Michelle Yeoh. Maybe that's just as well, though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

View Postmaneth, on 15 February 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

All these names are unfamiliar to me, with the sole exception of Michelle Yeoh. Maybe that's just as well, though.

I'm the same, I have no idea who there people are apart from Michelle Yeoh.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

You've probably seen Doug Jones, but you might not recognize him; he was the Eye-Palm guy in Pan's Labyrinth, he was the lead villain in Buffy's "Hush" episode, he was Abe Sapien (the aquatic creature) in the Hellboy movies and cartoons. He was also the 17th century zombie in "Hocus Pocus" (the character's name escapes me). He's usually buried in makeup in most of his roles.

We met him at Comic Con in 2012 and he was a really nice guy; very genial and talkative. I liked him. :thumbsup:

#6 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

^ He was also briefly in Mystery Men, which I didn't realise until he posted about it on twitter! Also a blink and you'll miss it appearance on Sons of Anarchy, which I thought was odd considering he does have a high-ish profile.

Anthony Rapp's been in quite a bit as well, despite being mostly theatre based. A Beautiful Mind comes to, well... mind :P/>

James Frain (Sarek) is probably one of the more familier faces when it comes to recent television - mainly due to him having prominent roles on Gotham (Galavan) & Orphan Black (Ferdinand). Another in that veinn is Shazad Latif who's had a good role on Penny Dreadful and has done quite a bit of work in the UK, including the first episode of Black Mirror.

A lot of the unknowns are curiousities that I'm looking forward to. Chieffo for one would look amazing in the Klingon gear with her height, and she comes form a strong acting family. Though Chris Obi - who has admittedly done a lot, just nothing I've seen outwith Doctor Who - is by far the early favourite. From hs twitter updates he seems to really be enjoying himself!
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#7 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

I've probably seen some of these people in supporting roles, but I didn't recognize their names. And to my shame I must confess that I've yet to see Pan's Labyrinth. I really enjoyed A Beautiful Mind, but I can't remmeber Rapp. I haven't seen much recent TV at all, at least not beyond British cop shows.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.