GalacticaBBS: Star Trek Continues Announcement!! - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Star Trek Continues Announcement!!

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

From Facebook

Posted Image

The announcement you've all been waiting for! At the beginning of 2016, STAR TREK CONTINUES ran a successful fundraising campaign to produce the final episodes of our fan series. As promised, we've spent your hard-earned donations to our non-profit production company exactly as we said we would, and have been working around-the-clock to finish our final four episodes as quickly as possible.

Episodes 9, 10, and 11 are still in post-production, and will be released throughout the year as they are completed. Episode 8 -- "Still Treads the Shadow" -- guest-stars Rekha Sharma ("Battlestar Galactica") and will premiere at Fan Expo Dallas on Saturday, April 1!

We have even more amazing guest stars in these last episodes, culminating in a thrilling series finale by acclaimed science fiction author Robert J. Sawyer.

We want to thank each of you for your patience while we've been busy, and also for your support and encouragement throughout our run. It is our sincere pleasure to be bringing a conclusion to our beloved original series of "Star Trek" at long last. LLAP

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

Woohoo!!!!!!!

Sad news that it's only 4 more episodes.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hellz yeah!!!

My day is made, thank you P! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

I could of sworn that there was going to be 13 episodes, the break in production must of cost them a couple of episodes.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:22 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 24 February 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

I could of sworn that there was going to be 13 episodes, the break in production must of cost them a couple of episodes.

Maybe the limit on the number was a condition of their being allowed to resume production (?). I don't know. At any rate, at least they have a chance to properly finish the series. I am SOOO happy for them, and for us, as ST fans.

I sent a PM to them via Instagram asking if they're going to be at WonderCon in April; I'm going to be there, and if possible, I will ask them in person. If not, maybe I'll see them at San Diego Comic Conn or ST Con in Vegas.

#6 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

Yay, this is great news!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Speaking of Star Trek Continues, Cat Roberts (Lt. Palmer) was literally the FIRST person I saw today as I stepped out of the lobby of my hotel here at WonderCon in Anaheim (home of Disneyland). She and her husband and kids pulled up in a Jurassic World labeled Jeep (hehe) and she asked me "Aren't you a friend of Gaz?" And I replied "And you're Cat Roberts!" I was dressed in my Fred costume, so I was kind of hard to miss I suppose...(haha).

She told me that the rest of the STC folks were in Dallas this weekend, awaiting the premiere of the latest STC episode (which comes online soon as well). It was nice to see her and her family (however briefly). I usually run into them here or at Comic Con San Diego but now I'm identified as "Gaz' friend" (of which I couldn't be prouder, by the way... :D ).

#8 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Great stuff, can't wait for the new ep. And I'm happy for you. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:10 AM

Nice!

I've written a little bit about Continues and their remaining episodes. Really keen to see the last batch as there's been hints that it'll lead into the TMP era and lay the groundwork for Kirk getting a desk job and Spock leaving the fleet. Curious to see how far they'll go (plus they have Nicola Bryant in there too!)

Though it was hard not to include the reason for them cutting it short (which made it into a little sidebar!)

Speaking of which, that 'reason' is also in attendance this weekend promoting his latest crowdfunding campaign. If you bump into him, feel free to ask where the offline donations went. Still not included in his 'reports' and questions on the matter have been deleted :/
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#10 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 31 March 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

Speaking of Star Trek Continues, Cat Roberts (Lt. Palmer) was literally the FIRST person I saw today as I stepped out of the lobby of my hotel here at WonderCon in Anaheim (home of Disneyland). She and her husband and kids pulled up in a Jurassic World labeled Jeep (hehe) and she asked me "Aren't you a friend of Gaz?" And I replied "And you're Cat Roberts!" I was dressed in my Fred costume, so I was kind of hard to miss I suppose...(haha).

She told me that the rest of the STC folks were in Dallas this weekend, awaiting the premiere of the latest STC episode (which comes online soon as well). It was nice to see her and her family (however briefly). I usually run into them here or at Comic Con San Diego but now I'm identified as "Gaz' friend" (of which I couldn't be prouder, by the way... :D ).

Thanks OT, glad you got to say hello. Been looking at your photos on Instagram. Looks like an impressive event.

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 01 April 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

Thanks OT, glad you got to say hello. Been looking at your photos on Instagram. Looks like an impressive event.

And once again, she and her husband were two of the LAST people I saw before I left the hotel as well!
I was in the lobby waiting for Mrs T to finish (I left early; my feet were really sore and beginning to blister), when lo and behold, Cat and her husband came in. We talked for a few minutes about the immediate future of STC (Paramount hasn't said anything about their releasing the last few finished episodes, so it seems OK) and Vic is hoping (emphasis on hoping) to release E9 at the Vegas convention this summer, and I will be there!

Cat and her family are truly nice people, and I love how the whole family gets into the fandom thing; their Jeep was customized into a Jurassic World vehicle! I thought that was just too cool! :bowdown:

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

Having just seen "To Boldy Go Part 1" last night (donor preview), all I can say is that this is one of the most exciting episodes of ST (fan film or not) I've seen in awhile. My wife said I literally gasped aloud several times (not kidding). I won't spoil anything for anyone since it goes live today at noon PST, but I can't recommend it enough.

#13 User is offline   maneth Icon

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Yay! Looking forward to it. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.