GalacticaBBS: Spawn is coming back to the big screen, with creator Todd McFarlane to direct - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spawn is coming back to the big screen, with creator Todd McFarlane to direct

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:05 AM

Posted Image

Spawn, the comic book anti-hero from Hell, is getting another shot at the big screen. Creator Todd McFarlane announced this weekend that he has signed a deal with Blumhouse Productions, the company behind movies like Get Out, Split, and The Purge, to create a new Spawn movie.

There's no attached talent, but McFarlane has developed a script and is attached to direct. This will be McFarlane's first time in the director's chair for a feature-length film, though he's lent his talents to music videos in the past.

Don't expect big-budget special effects fare like the last film. Blumhouse is known for producing modest-budget thrillers, and that's exactly what McFarlane wants. Speaking to Collider, he said this new version will be "a dark, edgy, supernatural thriller, R-rated movie" that has more in common with a horror film than a standard superhero flick.

According to McFarlane, Spawn himself would likely take a backseat to detective Max 'Twitch' Williams - McFarlane compared the situation to the movie Jaws, saying that Spawn is more like the shark than the main character. It's not clear if the movie will have any tie-in with the upcoming Sam & Twitch television series coming to BBC America from executive producer Kevin Smith, though the characters live in the same comic book universe.

Source: Games Radar.com

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:07 AM

I enjoyed the animated series but the original movie was TERRIBLE. I've tried twice now to get through it on Netflix and am still only half way through it. I like TM concept of leaving Spawn in the background (probably budget constraints). Fingers crossed they get it right this time.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 24 July 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

I enjoyed the animated series but the original movie was TERRIBLE. I've tried twice now to get through it on Netflix and am still only half way through it. I like TM concept of leaving Spawn in the background (probably budget constraints). Fingers crossed they get it right this time.

It had many flaws, yes, but I loved John Leguizamo. His farting demon cracked me up... :roflmao:
I can be a real simpleton when it comes to my entertainment sometimes. :lol:

#4 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 24 July 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

It had many flaws, yes, but I loved John Leguizamo. His farting demon cracked me up... :roflmao:
I can be a real simpleton when it comes to my entertainment sometimes. :lol:

I agree that Clown was the best character in it. I think he was the only redeemable thing in the movie.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.