GalacticaBBS: My attempt at a Grand Unified Theory for all of Star Trek’s continuity nits... - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

My attempt at a Grand Unified Theory for all of Star Trek’s continuity nits...

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

I decided to put all of it into my blog: https://musingsofami...its-continuity/

Posted Image

Hope it spurs discussion. It was a labor of geeky love! :D

#2 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

I'll definitely give it a go later!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Science and technology have change in 50+ years along with the budgets of the show. I dont think that any reasonable person would expect to see a bridge of a new ship in this day and age with flashing lights as controls. I tend not to get bogged down with the plot inconsistencies (unless they are too big that you can't avoid them). I can see why the nay sayers are complaining about Discovery, it's not classic Star Trek and the the producers of the show thought that they'd try something different and make a NEW show for 2017. The Klingons have also changed appearance 4-5 times in 50 years....and I'm alright with that. I don't expect a modern Klingon in 2018 to look like they did in the original series where it was just a guy with boot polish on their face. I know that there are people out there that want classic Star Trek, I personally don't need TNG part 2 or another 90's formula clone. This is 2018, audiences have changed, technology has changed and how people watch TV has changed. Discovery does a very good job for the show that it is, it's nodding to the past but not trying to live in it.

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

I don't expect a modern Klingon in 2018 to look like they did in the original series where it was just a guy with boot polish on their face.

Posted Image

OMG, that is SO true!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.