Ron Moore & David Eick Talk Cylons & Caprica 1.5

#1 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Highlights

- There will be more tie-ins with the "Battlestar Galactica" mythology. Eick says this is when they're "unapologetically" connecting to its origins instead of trying to establish its own identity.

- Moore says that they have a creative road map for the second season, should they be picked up. It's a fairly detailed plan with several points out on the horizon. It'll almost feel like a fresh start, so you won't be bogged down with the mythology, launching that AI or sentience, from Season 1.

- "Never say never," says Moore about seeing Cylons for "BSG" on "Caprica." No plans yet.

Caprica Producers talk Cylons & Season 1.5 @ Syfy Digital Tour
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 12 October 2010 - 10:40 AM, said:

Highlights

- There will be more tie-ins with the "Battlestar Galactica" mythology. Eick says this is when they're "unapologetically" connecting to its origins instead of trying to establish its own identity.

- Moore says that they have a creative road map for the second season, should they be picked up. It's a fairly detailed plan with several points out on the horizon. It'll almost feel like a fresh start, so you won't be bogged down with the mythology, launching that AI or sentience, from Season 1.

- "Never say never," says Moore about seeing Cylons for "BSG" on "Caprica." No plans yet.

Caprica Producers talk Cylons & Season 1.5 @ Syfy Digital Tour

From that first sentence, it sounds like they are responding to the kinds of frustrations many viewers are having with this show; it's kind of the same with the first few seasons of Enterprise. A lot of viewers appreciated ENT (as they do Caprica), but many more would prefer more of a direct prequel to the parent show (as ENT eventually became in its fourth year; too late to save it).

But, "never say never" aside, I really don't see this show having the legs (creatively or ratings wise) to go a second season. It's frustrating, because my biggest issue with Caprica is that I know there is a really good, gripping, engaging show in there somewhere, but it is imploding rather than exploding.
:cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Sammie Icon

• Petty Officer 1st Class

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

It's frustrating, because my biggest issue with Caprica is that I know there is a really good, gripping, engaging show in there somewhere, but it is imploding rather than exploding.

It is really interesting to read these post, two years later and see how right on the money these comments are. I saw like at least 5 interesting storylines...that went nowhere. In fact there could be complete spin off series..or webisodes. The whole Turan gangster thing. V-world. The STO camp...and where did that small army of Cylons run off too?

I'm sure that there is more to the behind the scene story, that we'll have to wait a few more years before it gets out.

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

View PostSammie, on 05 January 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:

It's frustrating, because my biggest issue with Caprica is that I know there is a really good, gripping, engaging show in there somewhere, but it is imploding rather than exploding.

It is really interesting to read these post, two years later and see how right on the money these comments are. I saw like at least 5 interesting storylines...that went nowhere. In fact there could be complete spin off series..or webisodes. The whole Turan gangster thing. V-world. The STO camp...and where did that small army of Cylons run off too?

I'm sure that there is more to the behind the scene story, that we'll have to wait a few more years before it gets out.

Have you seen the final five episodes of season 1.5? They aired on SyFy tonight, and they're also out on dvd. The show really kicks it in high gear in those last five episodes, let me tell you...

I was ready to swear the whole show off for good (my wife already gave up on it about seven episodes in), but the final five episodes ("Blowback" through "Apotheothis") are staggeringly good. :bowdown:

I thought the series wrapped up brilliantly. Serious kudos to the production team for polishing a turd and making a diamond. :thumbsup: :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

I wish that the other 15 episodes would of been half as interesting as the final five episodes. I agree that they suddenly upped the pace of the show, something which should of happened a long time ago.

#6 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Ron Moore is taking on the Wild West
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 05 January 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Ron Moore is taking on the Wild West

Wasn't ONE s**tty adaptation of "Wild Wild West" (the 1998 piece of crap) enough??? There was no audience for it then; there will be no audience for it NOW.
Look at the failure of "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" (and that was actually a GOOD little show) in the 1990s. There is NO audience for scifi/westerns. At all! :cylonnono:

Ron Moore... move on! :cylonnono:
Get out of the remake business. Try playing in your own sandbox, OK? Lightning won't strike twice... :cylonnono:
And while you're at it, don't f**k with John Carpenter's "The Thing" (1982) either; he really nailed that one. :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   cylon75 Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:sifi and nascar

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

I my self cant believe that they ran the show into the ground than canceled it to make it that spectacular at the end. That was the best television that iv seen in a while.
Not all cylons are bad, only the damaged ones

#9 User is offline   Sammie Icon

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

funny thing is...I got 1.5 the same day they ran the "last 5"..""hum..5"" Your right..I was stoked..then it ended..I almost think..." Hay. they canned us..Frack them..we are going back to what we want". Your right.. the last five..gave me hope..hope..hope for "BLOOD AND CHROME"..bang bang bang..(((please not wimper..wimper..wimper)))

The whole Willy vs Bill thing... GRRRR

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

View PostSammie, on 06 January 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

funny thing is...I got 1.5 the same day they ran the "last 5"..""hum..5"" Your right..I was stoked..then it ended..I almost think..." Hay. they canned us..Frack them..we are going back to what we want". Your right.. the last five..gave me hope..hope..hope for "BLOOD AND CHROME"..bang bang bang..(((please not wimper..wimper..wimper)))

The whole Willy vs Bill thing... GRRRR

Even though I was very moved by
Spoiler

My suspicion was confirmed by Kevin Murphy's audio commentary on the Caprica finale, "Apotheothis."
Spoiler
:cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Sammie Icon

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Yeah..I heard that stuff on the comentary...BTW..those Caprica commentaries are WEAK. ...sigh.. (insert rage here).. I usually like the to hear from the directors..etc..because they add stuff..(usually stuff that doesn't matter..but it is interesting...) ...grrr..(insert rage here)...Caprica commentaries could have been better.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.