GalacticaBBS: How can we encourage people to watch? - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How can we encourage people to watch? What are you doing?

#21 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Think about the carry-over from BSG alone is enough to make the show a success. Plus new fans coming on board, it should succeed. That is just my opinion.

Actually, I don't the carry over is enough. BSG had very few fans to begin with, and every time you spin something off, you lose viewers. Additionally, I very much doubt many new viewers will be inclined to try it.

IMO, it is closed minds, not lack of quality, that dooms most prequels.

#22 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Mesah thinking yousah moo-e eww-e rights!
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

Me personally.I think and hope it will catch on and thrive.....

#24 User is offline   Zoe Icon

• Callsign: Eos
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing, Science, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Arts (Graphic, Poetic, Literary, Dance) Martial Arts & Philosophy

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

http://feeds.feedbur...watchcapricacom is another way to raise Caprica's numbers
Posted Image

Never Give Up Your Dreams...

LOVE, Lynn

#25 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 06 March 2010 - 11:45 AM, said:

Mesah thinking yousah moo-e eww-e rights!

Quiet Jar Jar! :cylonnono: This is what happened to the last annoying Gungan that spoke on these boards:
Posted Image. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It's a shame that shows aren't allowed to build by slow word-of-mouth these days. Now that there are so many alternatives to TV (even within TV; cable, videogames, dvd, pay-per-view, etc), the viewer's attention span is so precious these days, it's like an all-out war to catch it.

And yes, EE has a point; BSG never had a big fan base to begin with, and now even some of those faithful are falling off (because the new show doesn't fit in the narrow parameters of space opera that, apparently, some BSG fans just couldn't live without). Caprica is a great show, and really deserves a shot. It is one of the few genuine science fiction shows out there (not space opera, or mystical mumbo-jumbo, but REAL science fiction... on the order of Asimov, or William Gibson).
I'm a little disappointed that a few of the BSG faithful seem to be the close-minded ones.
:cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 User is offline   Zoe Icon

• Callsign: Eos
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing, Science, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Arts (Graphic, Poetic, Literary, Dance) Martial Arts & Philosophy

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

YAY!! to what Proxim said.
TEN SIMPLE WAYS TO UP THE NUMBERS
Ways to pump up the numbers are 1) record it multiple times on TV and (2) sign up for it online. (Link posted earlier)(3) Go to Syfy.com and join the forum for Caprica. (They like that.) (4) Participate in anything Caprica related @ Syfy. And (5), but any and all merchandise. (6) Keep up the word of mouth. (7) Post Everywhere about it. I mean everywhere; Trek forums, cooking forums, bathroom walls! (8) Letters to Syfy Excecs are good, also. If you have Facebook, (9) sign up for Syfy and answer every dumb question they ask about Caprica with a cheerleader's response. (10) Pray to the Lords of Kobol.
Posted Image

Never Give Up Your Dreams...

LOVE, Lynn

#27 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

I'm a little disappointed that a few of the BSG faithful seem to be the close-minded ones.

I'm also somewhat disappointed, but I'm not really surprised. People in general resist change, and sci-fi fans seem to especially closed-minded.

I'm about ready to smack one of my friends on another forum (who's an enormous BSG fan) because he won't even try Caprica. He's already jumped to the conclusion that it's some cheap, Phantom Menace-esque prequel trotted out to squeeze more money out of the franchise.

#28 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

I'm working hard at converting my wife. She did say we could have a Caprica weekend to get her caught up on the show.....
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 09 March 2010 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'm also somewhat disappointed, but I'm not really surprised. People in general resist change, and sci-fi fans seem to especially closed-minded.

I'm about ready to smack one of my friends on another forum (who's an enormous BSG fan) because he won't even try Caprica. He's already jumped to the conclusion that it's some cheap, Phantom Menace-esque prequel trotted out to squeeze more money out of the franchise.

My own WIFE has missed the last two episodes! :cylonnono: She says she'll catch them later (they're still on our DVR drive). Oy!! Whattya do?? :unsure:

I guess I should consider myself lucky for having a wife who even likes science fiction at all (many women I know or have known very much do NOT)! :nBSGsmile:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Again, EVIL DVR! :adama-pancarte001:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 10 March 2010 - 09:45 AM, said:

Again, EVIL DVR! :adama-pancarte001:

If loving the DVR is wrong, then I don't want to be right! :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

Nielsen ratings still bother me since only a small percentage of people actually participate in their program with the actual boxes
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.