GalacticaBBS: Blood & Chrome Might not Be Shown On TV - GalacticaBBS

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood & Chrome Might not Be Shown On TV

#21 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 03 September 2011 - 09:15 AM, said:

No, I'll watch. I have an unhealthy amount of franchise loyalty. It's why I paid good money to see ST09, why I've watched far too many episodes of DS9 for my own mental health, and why I played through virtually every zone of classic WoW and Burning Crusade. :doh:

I wished I had my wife's uncanny ability to simply 'walk away' from a franchise she loses interest in, as she did with "House MD" (a show I only recently quit), Doctor Who (when Tennant left? She left) and a few others. Once I'm into a show? I'm pretty much committed until it resolves or is cancelled (with a few exceptions).

Quitting House MD was tough for me, even though it'd been utter crap for a few years now (Hugh Laurie is still an astoundingly talented man, but the show has become a parody of itself from about year 5 on). House has become "the Fonz" and the supporting cast have become so inept and stupid it's like watching the Three Stooges solve a Sherlock Holmes mystery (their extreme, brutal and often painfully unnecessary treatments just reek of lawsuits waiting to happen). You pretty much just wait until the last five minutes of the show for the brilliant, yet drug-addled House to just waltz in, solve the puzzle and save the day... it's total bulls**t now. Nothing more than formula TV laced with somewhat authentic medical jargon. And the soap opera crap has taken over the medical mystery stuff, much to the show's detriment. And Olivia Wilde's '13' character had become the show's 'Seven of Nine'; a character brought in primarily for sex-appeal who winds up becoming the Mary-Sue* of the show (everyone on the show falls in love with her, she shows up House, yada, yada, yada...).
Sad, really... :thumbsdown:

I hope like hell Dexter (another recent addiction) never hits THAT low a low.... :doh:

* Mary Sues are fan surrogate cliched characters described thusly: Wiki/Mary Sue
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#22 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

  • Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,444
  • Joined: 05-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hell watch Scrubs. I hated it in its infancy then watched it over again with the wife. Grew on me.
Posted Image
0

#23 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 03 September 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hell watch Scrubs. I hated it in its infancy then watched it over again with the wife. Grew on me.

I have a 'casual' relationship with Scrubs. If I'm channel surfing, I'll watch it. Love Dr Cox. And Elliot reminds me of a good friend of mine. It's a cute show. Reminds me of "House" meets "Dream On" (a favorite of mine from the early '90s). :D

But I'm SO OVER with House. Besides, "Dexter" is my new primary TV fix (well, DVD fix... I don't get Showtime channel). With Torchwood in the # 2 slot, and Dr Who running third....

As for Blood & Chrome? I'm sure I'll watch, but to me? The best stories of the BSG franchise have already been told, I think. :(
Ironically, if they'd really wanted to do CW1? I'd have rather seen the earliest days of the war, when the Cylons first revolted. Humanity's faith in their machines betraying them. I assume even the 'civilian' Cylons revolted; the construction workers and domestic models we saw at the end of Caprica. The whole of colonial society undone overnight by machine rebellion. Kind of like a "Rise of the Planet of the Toasters" kind of thing... :cylonweapons:

THAT would've been a hell of a series... :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap:


* And no, it would NOT need to focus on Adama or his family AT ALL. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

  • Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,762
  • Joined: 08-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON, Canada
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 04 September 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

I have a 'casual' relationship with Scrubs. If I'm channel surfing, I'll watch it. Love Dr Cox. And Elliot reminds me of a good friend of mine. It's a cute show. Reminds me of "House" meets "Dream On" (a favorite of mine from the early '90s). :D

But I'm SO OVER with House. Besides, "Dexter" is my new primary TV fix (well, DVD fix... I don't get Showtime channel). With Torchwood in the # 2 slot, and Dr Who running third....

As for Blood & Chrome? I'm sure I'll watch, but to me? The best stories of the BSG franchise have already been told, I think. :(
Ironically, if they'd really wanted to do CW1? I'd have rather seen the earliest days of the war, when the Cylons first revolted. Humanity's faith in their machines betraying them. I assume even the 'civilian' Cylons revolted; the construction workers and domestic models we saw at the end of Caprica. The whole of colonial society undone overnight by machine rebellion. Kind of like a "Rise of the Planet of the Toasters" kind of thing... :cylonweapons:

THAT would've been a hell of a series... :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap:


* And no, it would NOT need to focus on Adama or his family AT ALL. ;)

Shame on you...the best stories have yet to be told. Give the right story arc and the right cast, and they will have a mini gold mine on their hands. So say we all.
Posted Image

Second to None!
0

#25 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 November 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

Shame on you...the best stories have yet to be told. Give the right story arc and the right cast, and they will have a mini gold mine on their hands. So say we all.

We've seen before CW1 ("Caprica") and we've seen the end of CW1 (in the "Razor" flashbacks). We've seen all of CW2 (even from different perspectives; such as "Razor" and "The Plan") which led to the exodus to Earth. IMO, the only stories left are pointless, action-over-substance stories (like the CGI "Clone Wars" cartoons); the suspense is gone as we know the ultimate outcome. One of the reasons I'm generally leery of prequels to begin with. For hardcore fans, they're continuity minefields; any careless misstep can undo much of the previous setup and story (and it seems like the writers NEVER get it right either; even the Star Wars prequels which were written by Lucas HIMSELF frakked it up a bit...). And for the less involved fans, they're rarely interesting enough to stand on their own as complete shows without heavy knowledge of the originals. Or worse yet, they're NEVER as interesting as the scenarios you imagine in your head for the prequels (my mental Clone Wars was always FAR more epic and cool than what I eventually saw in Star Wars...)

I see no need for B&C; it fills a niche that doesn't need filling. And so far, the leaked backstory sounds as though the scribes never even saw "Razor". Especially grievous was not having Nico Cortez as Husker again; that kid was PERFECT! Something tells me they made a stink bomb out of it; and the fact that SyFy is dragging their feet on it so badly (with NO promotion at all) leads me to believe they feel the same.... :doh:

For me, BSG is complete; it had a beginning, middle and (an epic) end. It's OVER. Caprica's failure to get and hold an audience would seem to echo that sentiment. B&C will do no better... :adama-pancarte001:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

  • Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,762
  • Joined: 08-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON, Canada
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:52 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 November 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

We've seen before CW1 ("Caprica") and we've seen the end of CW1 (in the "Razor" flashbacks). We've seen all of CW2 (even from different perspectives; such as "Razor" and "The Plan") which led to the exodus to Earth. IMO, the only stories left are pointless, action-over-substance stories (like the CGI "Clone Wars" cartoons); the suspense is gone as we know the ultimate outcome. One of the reasons I'm generally leery of prequels to begin with. For hardcore fans, they're continuity minefields; any careless misstep can undo much of the previous setup and story (and it seems like the writers NEVER get it right either; even the Star Wars prequels which were written by Lucas HIMSELF frakked it up a bit...). And for the less involved fans, they're rarely interesting enough to stand on their own as complete shows without heavy knowledge of the originals. Or worse yet, they're NEVER as interesting as the scenarios you imagine in your head for the prequels (my mental Clone Wars was always FAR more epic and cool than what I eventually saw in Star Wars...)

I see no need for B&C; it fills a niche that doesn't need filling. And so far, the leaked backstory sounds as though the scribes never even saw "Razor". Especially grievous was not having Nico Cortez as Husker again; that kid was PERFECT! Something tells me they made a stink bomb out of it; and the fact that SyFy is dragging their feet on it so badly (with NO promotion at all) leads me to believe they feel the same.... :doh:

For me, BSG is complete; it had a beginning, middle and (an epic) end. It's OVER. Caprica's failure to get and hold an audience would seem to echo that sentiment. B&C will do no better... :adama-pancarte001:



I agree that their first effort is probably dismal but so was the original classic...never got to finish telling its story. Someone creative enough might pick up the reigns and discover something magical about Blood and Chrome and make it something interesting. It is like I know how WWII starts and ends doesn't mean I am not interested in what happened between that time. How the atom bomb evolved and what stories were not told in the history books.

I believe that there are many stories to be told from BSG...the perspective of the FREEDOM FIGHTERS for example...the people that were left behind to serve as canon fodder for the Cylons. I have many interesting ideas that would flourish if given the opportunity. You read my idea for Planet of the Apes and you liked it. A new take on an old story. Nothing wrong with placing a twist on things and retelling the story over and over again until you get it right. They had to do Casablanca 4 times before they got it right with Bogart. So why not do the same for Galactica. We finally got that story right with Galactica....now lets get the story right for Caprica and Blood and Chrome and you have yourself an epic storyline that will endure forever...

So my chrome plated buddy, what do you think of the opportunity now?
Posted Image

Second to None!
0

#27 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 20 November 2011 - 02:52 AM, said:

I agree that their first effort is probably dismal but so was the original classic...never got to finish telling its story. Someone creative enough might pick up the reigns and discover something magical about Blood and Chrome and make it something interesting. It is like I know how WWII starts and ends doesn't mean I am not interested in what happened between that time. How the atom bomb evolved and what stories were not told in the history books.

I believe that there are many stories to be told from BSG...the perspective of the FREEDOM FIGHTERS for example...the people that were left behind to serve as canon fodder for the Cylons. I have many interesting ideas that would flourish if given the opportunity. You read my idea for Planet of the Apes and you liked it. A new take on an old story. Nothing wrong with placing a twist on things and retelling the story over and over again until you get it right. They had to do Casablanca 4 times before they got it right with Bogart. So why not do the same for Galactica. We finally got that story right with Galactica....now lets get the story right for Caprica and Blood and Chrome and you have yourself an epic storyline that will endure forever...

So my chrome plated buddy, what do you think of the opportunity now?


But you forget; TOS BSG got a hell of a kickoff, too. The pilot "Saga of a Star World" played like a more like a feature film (in fact, I saw it IN movie theaters after it aired on TV, and it kicked a$$). It was a great way to start the series.
NuBSG had the equally (but differently) groundbreaking miniseries to get it's start (with great ratings, that sadly tapered off). Hell, even Caprica had a nice, if somewhat less exciting, pilot.

But if B&C is a mess from the start (as it's troubled production and indefinitely delayed release would indicate)? It'll never get the chance to get an audience. And the network can't necessarily assume that BSG fans will flock to it; Caprica shed BSG fans like a molting turkey. That B&C is using virtual sets (as the new "V" demonstrated, the tech isn't quite there yet), hand-me-down costumes, WAY too many BSG vet actors (another problem Caprica had; it became a half-a$$ed game of BSG meets "Where's Waldo?"), and the fact that the leaked outline didn't sound all that hot to boot just gives me apprehension galore. It sounds like a cheap knock off (the fact that they're re-using costumes and virtual sets just reeks of crap). Don't get me wrong; I'd love to be wrong, but all of my spidey-senses are telling me they've got a stink-bomb on their hands...

Posted Image "Here's the Blood and Chrome pilot, sirs...



Oh by the way... where are the other three versions of Casablanca??? :blink: I LOVE this movie and am only familiar with a crappy 1979 TV version....
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#28 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

  • Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,762
  • Joined: 08-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON, Canada
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 November 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

But you forget; TOS BSG got a hell of a kickoff, too. The pilot "Saga of a Star World" played like a more like a feature film (in fact, I saw it IN movie theaters after it aired on TV, and it kicked a$$). It was a great way to start the series.
NuBSG had the equally (but differently) groundbreaking miniseries to get it's start (with great ratings, that sadly tapered off). Hell, even Caprica had a nice, if somewhat less exciting, pilot.

But if B&C is a mess from the start (as it's troubled production and indefinitely delayed release would indicate)? It'll never get the chance to get an audience. And the network can't necessarily assume that BSG fans will flock to it; Caprica shed BSG fans like a molting turkey. That B&C is using virtual sets (as the new "V" demonstrated, the tech isn't quite there yet), hand-me-down costumes, WAY too many BSG vet actors (another problem Caprica had; it became a half-a$$ed game of BSG meets "Where's Waldo?"), and the fact that the leaked outline didn't sound all that hot to boot just gives me apprehension galore. It sounds like a cheap knock off (the fact that they're re-using costumes and virtual sets just reeks of crap). Don't get me wrong; I'd love to be wrong, but all of my spidey-senses are telling me they've got a stink-bomb on their hands...

Posted Image "Here's the Blood and Chrome pilot, sirs...



Oh by the way... where are the other three versions of Casablanca??? :blink: I LOVE this movie and am only familiar with a crappy 1979 TV version....


It is quite possible that they do have a stink bomb on their hands but in a few years they could revisit it and create something really smart. My faux pas, it was the Maltese Falcon that was done 4 times before they got it right with Bogart. Where are the previous versions? In some vault next to Blood and Chrome marked stink bomb.
Posted Image

Second to None!
0

#29 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 20 November 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

My faux pas, it was the Maltese Falcon that was done 4 times before they got it right with Bogart. Where are the previous versions? In some vault next to Blood and Chrome marked stink bomb.

:lol:

The film cans have a biohazard warning on them... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#30 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

  • Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,762
  • Joined: 08-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON, Canada
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 November 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

:lol:

The film cans have a biohazard warning on them... :P


Ha ha ha! LOL I can see that. :closedeyes:
Posted Image

Second to None!
0

#31 User is offline   viper73 Icon

  • Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 102
  • Joined: 13-February 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cullman, Al
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

so Im a r=effing nub I konow but what is this series supposed be.. set in the first cylon war era?
0

#32 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

View Postviper73, on 19 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

so Im a r=effing nub I konow but what is this series supposed be.. set in the first cylon war era?

It's supposed to take place in the 10th year of Cylon War 1; when Adama was a young officer (sadly, actor Nico Cortez, who played young Adama in the "Razor" flashbacks is NOT in it; instead we have Luke Pasqualino; a British-Italian actor. Shame IMO; Cortez was spot-on).

The fact that this pilot movie (B&C is just a pilot movie at the moment; a series has NOT been commissioned yet) wrapped shooting in March of 2011, has been sitting on a shelf for almost a year now and has NOT been given a release yet has me.... shall we say, less than optimistic... about it's quality.

Last year, I attended the San Diego Comic Con panel on BSG and there was an actress and director from B&C, but sadly; no clips or scenes to be shown. The actress did say that virtually the ENTIRE shoot was done on green screen (again; that sinking feeling...). I'm not feeling a lot of love for this project.
:unsure:

But of course, I'd LOVE to be wrong and have B&C kick major buttocks... :thumbsup: :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#33 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

  • Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 5,518
  • Joined: 06-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Bear has just confirmed he's doing/done the music for it so I guess it's still in the works.
0

#34 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,600
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 23 February 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Bear has just confirmed he's doing/done the music for it so I guess it's still in the works.

There's ONE good thing I can say about it so far.... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#35 User is offline   viper73 Icon

  • Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 102
  • Joined: 13-February 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cullman, Al
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

LOL well sounds really iffy at this point but dang im interested now :nav:
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.