GalacticaBBS: Dredd boss says the TV show will "combine the macabre with the insane and the light-hearted" - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Dredd boss says the TV show will "combine the macabre with the insane and the light-hearted"

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

Posted Image

Remember how all our dreams came true when we found out there's a Dredd TV show on the way? Well, we've got an update on where it's at and what we can expect, thanks to Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley (via SFX magazine).

Although it's obviously early days, that didn't stop the Dredd boss from teasing a few details about what fans can expect, revealing that the series could be very different from the movie adaptations. "Dark fantasy elements are one area that would be great to explore," he admits. "The show will combine the macabre with the insane and the light-hearted. It's a big place, after all, with 400 million stories to tell." A more fantasy-based Dredd? That's something I want to see!

Even if you loved both the Dredd movies (for very different reasons), there's reason to be excited about the TV show. "Long-form storytelling makes showing Mega-City One and its inhabitants much easier, " says Kingsley. "Trying to fit all of that into a two-hour movie is very hard." We still have quite a while to wait though: "My best guess if that it's at least two years away," he says. "But we're so early in the process that things could happen a bit faster, or much more slowly." Well, that was nice and vague, wasn't it?

And yes, I know what you're wondering, but Kingsley expertly dodged the question about Karl Urban returning to play Dredd saying talks haven't yet begun, but admitting he knows Urban "well enough to have a chat with him".

Fingers crossed then.

Source: Games Radar

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

Karl Urban has to be Dredd, he nailed it in the movie.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 19 June 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Karl Urban has to be Dredd, he nailed it in the movie.

^ His Dredd was the only real Dredd, as far as Iím concerned. In fact, I bought the DVD largely based on your recommendation P, and Iím pleased to say I was not at all disappointed. :D
It was, in essence, everything the 1995 piece of s#!t starring Sylvester Stallone was not.

If the series follows the newer movieís lead and forgets the 1995 movie altogether, I might watch.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.