GalacticaBBS: TOS Cylon Pistol whereabouts - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

TOS Cylon Pistol whereabouts

#1 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

I would like to find out what happened to this certain prop pistol and Its owner.It's supposedly a TOS cylon screen used prop.any info will be greatly appreciated....
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

You can ALWAYS tell a genuine screen used prop vs a replica; the screen used version always look really ratty up close. Not just from wear and use, but also from hurried and slapdash production (often from the time constraints in TV/movies). Fan made replicas (or licensed sale prop replicas) are made slowly and with more loving care than the originals. When I've seen real screen-used props in person (as I've been fortunate enough to, on a few occasions), the first thought in my mind usually is how the fan made ones just look better.

As for the location of this prop? Probably in someone's storage space somewhere....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:16 AM

It seems that Skullbeast has it, or one of its stunt twins. If you PM him (or I could) we may get a few leads... Or try Red Eye he has a cosmic power on BSG auctions - he may have some idea...???

We should know - don't you think?! I find it SO HARD TO BELIEVE how people spend THOUSANDS (like that gun could go for 8ish thousand at auction) and they do not show it off. Come on, really, if you get a new car (even a used one) you show it off! You don't park it in the dark, and tell everyone not to look at it ever... UGH - look at me RANTING! HA

If I had a screen used item, I'd probably do "[myscreensueditem].com" lol - post up everything about it, photos, measurements.

And I will NEVER believe the craziness that "sharing it" (i.e. opening the door for replicas) will devalue it. It will always be the original screen used prop no matter how many good (and bad) copies are out in the world. I think the reverse would happen. If interest goes go up the original will be worth more. If NO ONE cares ANYTHING about the original then it wouldn't sell at auction for 50 cents.

Oops... more ranting. :P Sorry to funk up your thread sean... heehee "evil Cylon" and all :blush:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 03 September 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

It seems that Skullbeast has it, or one of its stunt twins. If you PM him (or I could) we may get a few leads... Or try Red Eye he has a cosmic power on BSG auctions - he may have some idea...???

We should know - don't you think?! I find it SO HARD TO BELIEVE how people spend THOUSANDS (like that gun could go for 8ish thousand at auction) and they do not show it off. Come on, really, if you get a new car (even a used one) you show it off! You don't park it in the dark, and tell everyone not to look at it ever... UGH - look at me RANTING! HA

I would imagine there might be some fear of theft involved. Sometimes you show off that expensive prop, autograph or whatnot too much and you unwittingly make it a target. :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hummmm... ee's "silly" has magically infected OT...
I think that your radio in your car is more likely to be stolen rather than some Mission Impossible attempt at your "Screen used Twiki Toe Nails" from across the globe - if you posted up photos and measurements of it. :rolleyes: beedeebeedeebeedee
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Seems I have a lead on It.but I'm betting authentication would be iffy.and to forge something of this nature. probably wouldn't be hard....

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 03 September 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Hummmm... ee's "silly" has magically infected OT...
I think that your radio in your car is more likely to be stolen rather than some Mission Impossible attempt at your "Screen used Twiki Toe Nails" from across the globe - if you posted up photos and measurements of it. :rolleyes: beedeebeedeebeedee

Hey! Don't make light of my stolen Twiki-toes.... :crybaby: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.