BSG filming locations

#1 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

I know you always wanted to walk on caprica .. or visit kobol.... now you can!

http://www.battlestarlocations.com/

really cool website!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

View PostNanouk, on 09 November 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

I know you always wanted to walk on caprica .. or visit kobol.... now you can!

http://www.battlestarlocations.com/

really cool website!

I can only visit TOS BSG locations; that was filmed in California (mostly). Cal State Northridge (I think our own Aphrodite is an alum) was used for the planet Gamoray in "Living Legend" (the TOS episode that inspired the NuBSG's "Pegasus"). The Long Beach civic center was used for Caprica's destruction (as was UCLA, I think). The TOS' episode of "Greetings From Earth" shot the planet Paradeen's abandoned city in Montreal's old Expo '67 (which celebrated the then-centennial). When I was a little boy we walked through it a few times. It was also used for stock shots of buildings in New Chicago in Buck Rogers.

I'd love to see the western Canadian/NuBSG locales, but time/money.... :(
Thanks for sharing that with us, Nan. I would love to see Baltar's lakeside home, but I'd probably get a major attack of 'home envy' if I did. :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Magic_User Icon

• Petty Officer 2nd Class

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

What I love doing is useing Google Earth and finding filming locations for various TV shows and stuff. I did this for the Graystone's house. Found the address of the real place and looked at it. the only problem with GE is that some houses and locations are not with street view and you can't get a real good close look.

My computer is kind of busted in programming somehow to where GE doesn't work anymore even with fresh install, so that's out of my future for now.

#4 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I only know some of the locations due to the multiple uses of certain places in Canada. Some of Caprica was also in SG1. And the X Files.

...I need to figure out the forest locations as the missions on Kobol (and with Helo on Caprica) always made me laugh as I could only think "O'Neill was there first."
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

The view from Baltar's house (especially as we saw it in "Hand of God") blows my MIND. Seriously, if I had that view? I'd never leave home for anything; groceries, movies, hygienic products, what have you... I'd order them all from my home computer with THAT view in my window EVERY day. :w00t: :bowdown: :buttrock:

Posted Image

Hell, I'd probably learn to cut my own hair too, while I was at it... :lol:

PS: My in-laws have some glass sculptures very similar to the ones we see there in Baltar's pad. They leave near a beach, too; but have nowhere near that view.... :drool:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Looks like the same place as Eureka as well. I think all these shows are shot in British Columbia.

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 20 December 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

Looks like the same place as Eureka as well. I think all these shows are shot in British Columbia.

Cheaper (and far prettier) than Los Angeles.... :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Magic_User Icon

• Petty Officer 2nd Class

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I really loved The Graystone Home from Caprica. The architecture caught my eye and I saw a couple of years ago that the real place was for sale. I think it's been sold already though. I learned from someone that I could find the originators of the design and see if I could buy it from them. Too much expense right now, considering I'd also have to obtain the original supply lists, permit, ect.

#9 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

http://www.byyourcom...ndex.php?cat=15

Over at by your command.net's gallery we have some classic BSG location photos/info.

Check it out at the link above.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostMagic_User, on 20 December 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

I really loved The Graystone Home from Caprica. The architecture caught my eye and I saw a couple of years ago that the real place was for sale. I think it's been sold already though. I learned from someone that I could find the originators of the design and see if I could buy it from them. Too much expense right now, considering I'd also have to obtain the original supply lists, permit, ect.

I really liked that location too - I'm not usually keen on open plan houses but the design of this one was very appealing.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 23 December 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

I really liked that location too - I'm not usually keen on open plan houses but the design of this one was very appealing.

And it was remote enough to where the open-plan design wouldn't be too inhibiting, either (my big beef about those, too; last thing ANYONE needs to see, even accidentally, is my caveman-arse walking around half dressed first thing in the morning... :doh: ). And that view of the water is incredible! :w00t:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.