GalacticaBBS: Gaz's trip to Boston Comic Con 2017 - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Gaz's trip to Boston Comic Con 2017

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Today I went to BCC which was in a different venue from the place I went to last year. This year my partners in crime were my brother in law Jon and my cousin in law Steve. We arrived in Boston for around 7:30 and immediately started to line to get our wrist bands. The event started at 10am so we pretty much had 2.5 hours of standing around chatting looking at costumes.

When we got in I immediately went to the celebrity section and most of the lines had no people in them. I went straight for Karen Gillian's queue as I knew it would be nightmare later. We were told that the celebrities would be out in about 10 minutes time....the only person who turned up on time was Jason Mewes and he got stuck straight in signing and taking pictures. Not really a fan of his work but he really impressed me with his attitude. Next at 10:30 John Barrowman came out and was getting the crowd going. He was actually stood right next to me while he was giving his speech about what he's selling. By 11am I hadn't moved and was starting to get a little annoyed that I'd been in line for an hour and Karen was a no show. Just at that time Matt Smith bursts out and makes some car gesture meaning he was probably stuck in traffic. By this time Jon had been back a couple of times asking what I was doing. I didn't want to leave the line because I was right at the front and I moment I left she would turn up....I was committed. At 11:15 I was about to walk because I was sick of waiting and she finally appeared. It didn't take long to get to her and she was very sweet and said "oh my God this is amazing" at my artwork....made the whole wait worth it.

While I was standing in line I had a few people ask me where I got my pictures from. I told them I made them and I was told I should sell them.

Next I went to Eliza Dushku's queue and had about a half an hour wait there. Felicia Day was next to Eliza and she was stood right in front of me posing for people and signing pictures, she looked like another person who is good to her fans. When I got to Eliza her fiancé was sitting next to her. Just like Karen she was very polite and asked me "am I having a good Con?". I said yes and thanked her for her autograph. My this point I had been in line since 7:30 in he morning and was feeling the urge to walk around. I met my with Jon and Steve and we went and sat down....something my legs really needed.

After lunch Alan Tudyk had arrived at his booth so I jumped in line for him. He was about half an hour before I got to him and he seemed very appreciative of the picture I made for him. I told him it's a shame what happened to his TV show Powerless and he started telling me about an unaired episode where scientists have proof that Lois Lane had died and Superman flew round the Earth to bring her back. I really enjoyed that show, it was light and fun.

After that I still had 2 more autographs I wanted to get but John Barrowman's queue and Katie Cassidy's queue were insane and I kinda felt like I hadn't spent any time with my family. My nephew wanted us to get Stan Lee's autograph but he was charging $120 so we bought him some original signed artwork instead. We walked around a bit but the place was shoulder to shoulder and there wasn't too much to do apart from look at toys and comics and get celebrity pictures.

Part of me wanted to go back and get my 2 pictures signed but I didn't want to drag Jon and Steve around while I was in line for several more hours. We left around 2pm.

Overall it was a,good day but 80% of my day was just spent standing in line. Next year If I go I might limit my autograph hunting to one or two people.

I didn't take many pictures but what I did take is on my Instagram (p0is0n0us).

*** I Wrote this on my iPad while in bed and haven't checked for auto corrects which are normally pretty bad LOL.

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 12 August 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Today I went to BCC which was in a different venue from the place I went to last year. This year my partners in crime were my brother in law Jon and my cousin in law Steve. We arrived in Boston for around 7:30 and immediately started to line to get our wrist bands. The event started at 10am so we pretty much had 2.5 hours of standing around chatting looking at costumes.

When we got in I immediately went to the celebrity section and most of the lines had no people in them. I went straight for Karen Gillian's queue as I knew it would be nightmare later. We were told that the celebrities would be out in about 10 minutes time....the only person who turned up on time was Jason Mewes and he got stuck straight in signing and taking pictures. Not really a fan of his work but he really impressed me with his attitude. Next at 10:30 John Barrowman came out and was getting the crowd going. He was actually stood right next to me while he was giving his speech about what he's selling. By 11am I hadn't moved and was starting to get a little annoyed that I'd been in line for an hour and Karen was a no show. Just at that time Matt Smith bursts out and makes some car gesture meaning he was probably stuck in traffic. By this time Jon had been back a couple of times asking what I was doing. I didn't want to leave the line because I was right at the front and I moment I left she would turn up....I was committed. At 11:15 I was about to walk because I was sick of waiting and she finally appeared. It didn't take long to get to her and she was very sweet and said "oh my God this is amazing" at my artwork....made the whole wait worth it.

While I was standing in line I had a few people ask me where I got my pictures from. I told them I made them and I was told I should sell them.

Next I went to Eliza Dushku's queue and had about a half an hour wait there. Felicia Day was next to Eliza and she was stood right in front of me posing for people and signing pictures, she looked like another person who is good to her fans. When I got to Eliza her fiancé was sitting next to her. Just like Karen she was very polite and asked me "am I having a good Con?". I said yes and thanked her for her autograph. My this point I had been in line since 7:30 in he morning and was feeling the urge to walk around. I met my with Jon and Steve and we went and sat down....something my legs really needed.

After lunch Alan Tudyk had arrived at his booth so I jumped in line for him. He was about half an hour before I got to him and he seemed very appreciative of the picture I made for him. I told him it's a shame what happened to his TV show Powerless and he started telling me about an unaired episode where scientists have proof that Lois Lane had died and Superman flew round the Earth to bring her back. I really enjoyed that show, it was light and fun.

After that I still had 2 more autographs I wanted to get but John Barrowman's queue and Katie Cassidy's queue were insane and I kinda felt like I hadn't spent any time with my family. My nephew wanted us to get Stan Lee's autograph but he was charging $120 so we bought him some original signed artwork instead. We walked around a bit but the place was shoulder to shoulder and there wasn't too much to do apart from look at toys and comics and get celebrity pictures.

Part of me wanted to go back and get my 2 pictures signed but I didn't want to drag Jon and Steve around while I was in line for several more hours. We left around 2pm.

Overall it was a,good day but 80% of my day was just spent standing in line. Next year If I go I might limit my autograph hunting to one or two people.

I didn't take many pictures but what I did take is on my Instagram (p0is0n0us).

*** I Wrote this on my iPad while in bed and haven't checked for auto corrects which are normally pretty bad LOL.

Thanks for the vivid account, P. :thumbsup: :cylonclap:

Sounds very familiar to me for some reason... :lol:

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Saw your crowd pics in Instagram... wow! Gave me San Diego flashbacks. :lol:

#4 User is offline   Bill Icon

• TU Forum Manager - Callsign Defiant

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Good account of your day. Also a reason I don't go to cons anymore. I don't have the patience for standing in line anymore.

Matt smith stopped by my friends Tardis and signed it. Unfortunately con policy wouldn't allow a pic to be taken.
www.trekunited.com

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Do you have any pics posted from the convention yet? I follow you on Flickr, but haven’t seen anything yet.

#6 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

I only took about 8 pictures all together, all of which are on Instagram. When I'd finished queuing for autographs there were that many people there it was hard to take pictures.

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 17 August 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I only took about 8 pictures all together, all of which are on Instagram. When I'd finished queuing for autographs there were that many people there it was hard to take pictures.

Ah, okay.
I saw those then, thanks. :thumbup:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.