GalacticaBBS: Peter Capaldi Could Be Joined By [SPOILER] in His Final Doctor Who Episode - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Peter Capaldi Could Be Joined By [SPOILER] in His Final Doctor Who Episode

#1 User is offline   Electricbolt Icon

• GBBS Admin & News Contributor - Callsign Survivor
  • View blog
  • Group: Forum Admins

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

*Note, slightly edited the topic title to avoid spoiling anyone who wants to absolutely remain in the dark going through this season. I know how tough it can be* - EB

Actual title: "Peter Capaldi Could Be Joined By Another Doctor in His Final Doctor Who Episode"

Posted Image

And no, not just whoever he’ll be turning into when he regenerates in this year’s Christmas special. We’re talking about a familiar face from Doctor Who past, who could team up with the Twelfth Doctor for one final trip.

**Spoilers**

Switch your sonic screwdrivers to their most skeptical setting, as this rumor comes from British tabloid The Mirror—but the newspaper alleges that, in the wake of a supposed departure from latest companion Bill Potts at the end of the now-airing 10th season, the First Doctor himself could reappear alongside his Twelfth incarnation this Christmas. Obviously, with original actor William Hartnell long deceased, the First Doctor would be played by another actor. According to The Mirror that would be none other than Game of Thrones actor David Bradley, who played both Hartnell and the First Doctor to perfection in scenes for the emotional 50th anniversary biopic An Adventure in Space and Time.

Posted Image

The Mirror further alleges that the plot of the Christmas special will link back to the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who in ways other than just Bradley’s reappearance: the special itself will go back to the moment of Capaldi’s very first appearance as the Twelfth Doctor in “The Day of the Doctor,” and task his final mission as helping to save Gallifrey from destruction in the Time War, alongside his fellow Doctors.

https://youtu.be/0e71KWwE5Fk

Now, like I said, it’s best to treat this firmly as a very wild rumor for now. However, in a lot of ways it makes sense. Both Capaldi and outgoing showrunner Steven Moffat have spoken about a desire to return to that moment Twelve’s eyebrows blazed across TV screens within the show’s timeline, and as a life long Doctor Who fan, Peter Capaldi has long professed his childhood adoration for the earliest era of the show. He’s even already getting his dream of fighting the original Cybermen from Hartnell’s last story in season 10, so what’s to say that an appearance of his childhood Doctor isn’t another farewell gift to the actor?

Presumably we’ll find out a little more about Doctor Who’s Christmas special—and whether or not this rumor holds water—by the end of the season 10 in a few months.

Source: io9
Posted Image
Latest Review: BSG: Six #1

#2 User is offline   Electricbolt Icon

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

I was hopeful they would have David Bradley jump from the biopic to the anniversary special back in 2013 in some form, but it wasn't meant to be then. I'm hopeful this time it will happen.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

David Bradley did an excellent job as the first Doctor. I would not be opposed to seeing this if true.

The main issue with this story is the source is the UK paper the Mirror which is almost as dodgy as The Sun.

#4 User is offline   Electricbolt Icon

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 18 April 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

David Bradley did an excellent job as the first Doctor. I would not be opposed to seeing this if true.

The main issue with this story is the source is the UK paper the Mirror which is almost as dodgy as The Sun.

Yeah, that is my issue with it as well. It seems like it would be a waste if they don't do SOMETHING with Bradley. It would also feel like a waste if Moffat didn't take the opportunity to do one final tie in to classic Who, something that really became a big part of the show in his later seasons and something I hope continues with Chibnall.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

It sounds plausible despite the source. Considering the original Cybermen gimmick and a few other bits and pieces like the screwdriver in the trailer, it would fit the trend.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Too early to fangasm? :clap:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.