GalacticaBBS: GHOST IN THE SHELL PROJECTED TO LOSE AT LEAST $60 MILLION - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

GHOST IN THE SHELL PROJECTED TO LOSE AT LEAST $60 MILLION Potentially making losses of over $100 Million

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

With a poor opening weekend the movie adaption of popular anime and manga series, Ghost in the Shell, is looking at an overall loss at the box office.

Deadline reports that film finance sources state the movie will lose at least USD $60 million based on the global projected revenue for the film, which comes in at USD $200 million (on an estimated combined promotion/production cost of around USD $250 million). With speculation production costs may have been as high as USD $180 million, these numbers could mean that Ghost in the Shell is coming in at a loss of over USD $100 million.

These poor numbers indicate that despite big names behind the production, the chances of seeing a sequel in this series are highly unlikely and the large production cost could be in part to blame.

As for the results, potential missteps in the marketing campaign, delays, and the obscurity of the IP are all factors that experts say are contributing to the poor performance.

Source: IGN

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:36 AM

There was such a backlash about the casting that impacted the movie before it started. I read some reviews of the movie that explain why the Major is American but still sucks that they never actually used an Asian lead. I also read reviews from Asian people who said that American's don't know how to make an Asian movie. Just because you have some Asian scenery does not make for an Asian movie.

I think that they should give the rights back to the Asian market and let them do it properly.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 06 April 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

There was such a backlash about the casting that impacted the movie before it started. I read some reviews of the movie that explain why the Major is American but still sucks that they never actually used an Asian lead. I also read reviews from Asian people who said that American's don't know how to make an Asian movie. Just because you have some Asian scenery does not make for an Asian movie.

I think that they should give the rights back to the Asian market and let them do it properly.

^
This, especially that last sentence. Hell, maybe they could make a nice sequel to "GITS 2: Innoocence."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2016. All Rights Reserved -
- GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by Comcast/NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.